Loading ...

Hello, its been 1 year..

Board index / General Chat / General Product Chat

Our humble work and the community behind it.

Postby alwaysme on Feb 05, 2009 12 pm

Hello staff,

its been one year since i inquired about this product and i have been really waiting for a bridge to phpbb3.

Is it ready? i tried searching but havent found anything except for a vb bridge that is work in progress.

I need this bridge so that members who login to phpbb3 are logged in to phpmelody where only reigstration can be done from phpbb3

thanks please let me know!
Thanks!
alwaysme
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 0

Postby topofthetubes on Feb 06, 2009 11 am

become a verified member, you might get a response
topofthetubes
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby zeero on Feb 06, 2009 2 pm

You can contact support. As far as we know, its in the works
zeero
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 10

Postby alwaysme on Feb 06, 2009 7 pm

hello

so i have to buy this in order to get a pre sale question answered? i tried to become but it is askign for transaction id??

Who can i contact directly for premium services?

Thanks
alwaysme
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby siva on Feb 06, 2009 7 pm

hope u dont buyed this for phpmelody team,u r using somewat nulled, buy the script and apply for verified customer
siva
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby zeero on Feb 06, 2009 10 pm

You can contact support at .phpsugar.com with presale questions
Use the Contact Us tab
zeero
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby alwaysme on Feb 07, 2009 1 am

i am not using phpmelody at all or have any null version!!! i have been waiting for this great product and everynow and then monitor its progress and development

i just need to know if there is a bridge for phpbb3 since my site is built around it.
i also wish a staff can reply here officially or email me at alsawaha_at_hotmail.com

thanks!
alwaysme
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby Andrew on Feb 11, 2009 10 am

The bridge for phpBB is NOT completed.

We postponed working on it for some other reasons. We will resume working on it this month.

Thank you!
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby khalifa on Feb 12, 2009 5 am

hey andrew, you are around why dont you verify me..
khalifa
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby alwaysme on Feb 12, 2009 9 pm

hello andrew...

Thanks for the update, what if i need this by the end of the month? do you provide personal customization services, and if so how much per hour

Thanks
sincere regards
alwaysme
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby mephisto on Feb 22, 2009 9 am

I don't see any reason for doing this, first of all if you're using phpBB you don't need phpmelody, you can very easily make a full video site using only phpBB. You just need to put the new video codes in your BBCode. I've done it with the 2.x version. Works like a charm. Using the original players.

Second, I think we should stay focused and make sure the script works.. first and foremost. Fix the issues that it already has.

As I mentioned elsewhere before, phpBB has had a lot of security issues, this bridge will only extend those to your video site.
mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -6

Postby alwaysme on Feb 22, 2009 8 pm

as far as i know all forum have security issue, and make ur statement that it has full of security issue is completely false if you are up to date, this goes for any software! phpbb2 on the other hand qualify for your statement but the phpbb team is no longer support any 2 version.

also i always want to have something like phpmlody but the main thing of my site is the forum, and phpbb does not provide 1/4 of what php melody has, they are two different thing!!

also i emailed phpsugar staff but nobody answered, the other video software have this bridge...i just wish phpmelody has it too so only user need to login/register once.
alwaysme
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby anwarnadeem on Nov 15, 2009 1 pm

I believe ModMyScript.com has a forum bridge, there website is currently down for server upgrades but check it soon.
anwarnadeem
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mephisto on Nov 16, 2009 5 am

Nadeem wrote:I believe ModMyScript.com has a forum bridge, there website is currently down for server upgrades but check it soon.

that's not for phpBB.
This is a dead end street, a user that doesn't even have phpmelody asking for a mod that in 6 months will be pointless, even phpBB is moving towards openID login. There are several people trying to link it to RPX I've noticed on the phpBB mod forums a couple of weeks ago.
Give it another year and every respected software will use the OpenID login system and then this problem of different logins etc can be solved relatively easy. If you want to make a mod, that's the one to do. I've done it for phpmelody. I won't do it for phpBB because I'm not interested. There should be plenty of phpBB developers out there. Even wordpress, joomla and all other CMS systems are heading towards the use of openID. First via plugins, but soon enough it will become the default. It's the only user authentication system that really makes sense.
If anybody else feels inclined to make this "bridge over troubled waters", be my guest.
One of the major problems will be that there are hundreds of phpBB mods out there, and a lot of them have to do with user profiles and stuff, and those will all affect the login system somehow. Like I said, it's a dead end street. Trying to keep up with all that is a mission impossible. If you make this for a default phpBB board, people will be all over you because they also want to use this with their mods.
mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -6