For PHP Melody version 2 and newer

Postby hako on Nov 15, 2012 4 pm

I think it will be great
hako
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 0

Postby Andrew on Nov 15, 2012 6 pm

Thank you for the excellent feedback guys. As I mentioned earlier on Facebook, this new release is a necessary step to get all those great features developed.

We decided that building major features or plugins on top of the 1.6.x code was not feasible and we put a lot of elbow grease to ensure it won't happen again.

That is why the upcoming 1.7 version should be regarded as a strong core around which we (and any willing developers) can build efficiently and fast. In terms of adding new features, we will make up for lost time pretty quickly. Development work will carry on even after 1.7 is released until around December 20th only to resume again in 2013.

Thanks again for the feedback and have faith when I say that what we've showcased this week is only the beginning.

Btw, all 22 bug reports from the PHP MELODY 1.7 Beta were fixed today. Thank you for submitting them.

Have an excellent day.
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby hako on Nov 15, 2012 6 pm

Is the new phpmelody not ready for download in November 22nd ?
hako
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby Sulla on Nov 15, 2012 6 pm

Just wanted to say here I really like the way the look is going. It looks a lot cleaner. Will be trying to help find as many bugs as possible.

One thing I really do not like is the menu system. Sub categories showing up as related categories does not make much sense. And they will tend to not get views if done that way. We need a quick way to show main catergories and subcategories on the front page and so that it is clear they are sub categories. (Updated) Just noticed on the side bar categories it expands to show subcategories. Can the top bar categories not do this also?

We also need a search with more options. When you start getting thousands of videos it becomes a problem with a basic search.

But over all I think its looking good :)
Sulla
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby webbiepublisher on Nov 15, 2012 6 pm

Ok, I was just concerned is all. Glad this is just the beginning.
VPS Servers starting at $2 per month!!5GB+ Space
3.3GHz+ CPU
1Gbps Connection
1 IPv4 / 16 IPv6
Instant Setup!
webbiepublisher
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 24

Postby muzikia on Nov 15, 2012 6 pm

webbiepublisher wrote:Ok, I was just concerned is all. Glad this is just the beginning.

Me too :)
http://www.ModMyScript.com - PHPMelody plugins and mods since 2008
http://www.HostingWays.com - Shared or VPS Hosting
*** PHP Melody user and plugins maker for 9 years and counting.
muzikia
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 167

Postby brownbloodz on Nov 15, 2012 7 pm

webbiepublisher wrote:Ok, I was just concerned is all. Glad this is just the beginning.

+1

Submitted 2 more bugs. These might be result of a fix you applied to Login drop down menu arrow.

Reminder: Contact Page bug on Opera browser. When you click the submit button without filling any details.
brownbloodz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 261

Postby Lawrence on Nov 16, 2012 1 am

Hmmm... How about a blog module or plugin, that would help keep visitors on our sites (hence the livefyre.com request). Cheers...
Lawrence
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Sulla on Nov 16, 2012 2 am

A blog for users or the admin?
Sulla
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Lawrence on Nov 16, 2012 2 am

Sulla wrote:A blog for users or the admin?

A blog for users (think wordpress)....that might bloat the database though...but someone could create a plugin that bridges WordPress and phpMelody (some users may want this) of course the articles act as a blog when all said and done...so I am thinking threaded comments and facebook comments type interactivity for the articles/blog....in particular I love the way facebook does commenting (livefyre.com again...but heh...facebook connects to your page etc...) YES, I am thinking traffic.
Lawrence
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby chatflash on Nov 16, 2012 4 am

Just added some more bug's that i had found in the front end of the new version.
chatflash
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 132

Postby Lawrence on Nov 16, 2012 5 am

What about Mobile Melody and displaying ads on site or as pop outs.
Lawrence
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Lawrence on Nov 16, 2012 5 am

Lawrence wrote:What about Mobile Melody and displaying ads on site or as pop outs.

I'm thinking something like a lightbox where we can display whatever we feel like in it ie; a subscription form.
Lawrence
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby rajevikn on Nov 16, 2012 3 pm

will be any mobile melody update?
rajevikn
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby webbiepublisher on Nov 16, 2012 4 pm

Why would you ever want to add a blog module to this? It's a video CMS, not a topic cms or forum :-D.You can easily add that yourself, talk to Muzikia he'll hook you up. In reality the last thing we want to do is become targets for spammers. My melody installation is the only site I have ever hosted that does not get spammed to death. If you go to settings>Search results i'm sure anyone here getting more than 300 visitors a day has the follwoing in their top 20 search results (WP-admin, wp-login, wp-registration). I think Melody has been very fortunate to not have become a target for comment spamming software..they try but they haven't figured out the paths correctly yet...keyword "Yet". My blacklist.txt list looks like the encyclopedia right now lol..i'm sure it frustrates them like all hell when they manually try to spam now.
VPS Servers starting at $2 per month!!5GB+ Space
3.3GHz+ CPU
1Gbps Connection
1 IPv4 / 16 IPv6
Instant Setup!
webbiepublisher
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 24