Loading ...

[BETA] PHP Melody 1.7 Beta Talk

Board index / PHP Melody - Video CMS

For PHP Melody version 2 and newer

Postby Lawrence on Nov 17, 2012 6 am

webbiepublisher wrote:Why would you ever want to add a blog module to this? It's a video CMS, not a topic cms or forum :-D.You can easily add that yourself, talk to Muzikia he'll hook you up. In reality the last thing we want to do is become targets for spammers. My melody installation is the only site I have ever hosted that does not get spammed to death. If you go to settings>Search results i'm sure anyone here getting more than 300 visitors a day has the follwoing in their top 20 search results (WP-admin, wp-login, wp-registration). I think Melody has been very fortunate to not have become a target for comment spamming software..they try but they haven't figured out the paths correctly yet...keyword "Yet". My blacklist.txt list looks like the encyclopedia right now lol..i'm sure it frustrates them like all hell when they manually try to spam now.

Thanks, got it... (it was just a thought) I will most likely do an article mod and yeah my Blacklist has over 500 words/terms and I don''t get any spam either.
Enjoy!
Lawrence
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby Andrew on Nov 17, 2012 5 pm

will be any mobile melody update?

Yes, the plugin was updated to work with v1.7.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby nzpoint on Nov 17, 2012 7 pm

Hi Andrew, can you please make the share video option more visible?
I have been using ShareThis buttons, vertical ones and placed them on the left side of video and now I get so many people do the sharing. rather than having some grey button at the bottom of video which you have to click first and then choose where to share it. people are lazy and want something quick and easy.

also a timeline, member wall would be nice since your doing the new 1.7... get members more interactive. see phpvibe 3.1.
nzpoint
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 10

Postby webbiepublisher on Nov 17, 2012 11 pm

nzpoint wrote:Hi Andrew, can you please make the share video option more visible?
I have been using ShareThis buttons, vertical ones and placed them on the left side of video and now I get so many people do the sharing. rather than having some grey button at the bottom of video which you have to click first and then choose where to share it. people are lazy and want something quick and easy.

also a timeline, member wall would be nice since your doing the new 1.7... get members more interactive. see phpvibe 3.1.

This I like....
Last edited by webbiepublisher on Nov 18, 2012 9 am, edited 1 time in total.
VPS Servers starting at $2 per month!!5GB+ Space
3.3GHz+ CPU
1Gbps Connection
1 IPv4 / 16 IPv6
Instant Setup!
webbiepublisher
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 24

Postby hako on Nov 18, 2012 9 am

Can we download the new Phpmelody 1.7 beta on 22nd November?
hako
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby brownbloodz on Nov 18, 2012 5 pm

hako wrote:Can we download the new Phpmelody 1.7 beta on 22nd November?

That was the planned release date. We'll just have to wait and see.
brownbloodz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 261

Postby brownbloodz on Nov 18, 2012 5 pm

nzpoint wrote:Hi Andrew, can you please make the share video option more visible?

You can modify the code the make the share box show by default. I used similar code when I used Ozenyx's template.

I would like to see a drop down list for more places to share. Like how it's done here > http://imgur.com/gallery/awXKL (click on the Plus button beside Stumble Upon icon)
brownbloodz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby rasmi on Nov 18, 2012 8 pm

Good work and nice

1 / I hope that there will be an option to change the direction of the template from right to left in the event choose Arabic language

2 / There is now a new version of the JW Player 6 of nice to be supported codes Flash Player This is easily

3 / There is a problem when I moved between the pages of the script and when I choose Arabic language which

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pmmelody/public_html/beta/lang/arabic.php:1) in /home/pmmelody/public_html/beta/include/user_functions.php on line 195

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pmmelody/public_html/beta/lang/arabic.php:1) in /home/pmmelody/public_html/beta/include/user_functions.php on line 196

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pmmelody/public_html/beta/lang/arabic.php:1) in /home/pmmelody/public_html/beta/login.php on line 160

4 / video page address does not appear name of category (category or section)

5 / When i choose Arabic language can not be changed to another language

6 / random video page do not work and be a blank page
rasmi
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby brownbloodz on Nov 18, 2012 9 pm

rasmi wrote:5 / When i choose Arabic language can not be changed to another language

6 / random video page do not work and be a blank page

+1 on this. I am using Firefox 16.0.2 - Windows 7
brownbloodz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Manga1980 on Nov 20, 2012 6 am

Hey Andrew I just purchased 1.6.7 and started to create my site but now that 1.7 is coming out will I receive an upgrade since I'm still within my 6 month window?

Also I would like to test the beta and provide feedback before it comes out. I already filled out the beta request form as well.

Best,
Andres
Manga1980
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby brownbloodz on Nov 21, 2012 3 pm

Update from Andrew: Old links will work the same way on the new 1.7 version.

Countdown til 1.7 release > http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to ... T12&p0=250
brownbloodz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Andrew on Nov 22, 2012 5 pm

It's half an hour away. We're uploading the assets right now.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby brownbloodz on Nov 22, 2012 6 pm

Released?
brownbloodz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby muzikia on Nov 22, 2012 6 pm

Good Luck Andrew !

It will be a new start.
http://www.ModMyScript.com - PHPMelody plugins and mods since 2008
http://www.HostingWays.com - Shared or VPS Hosting
*** PHP Melody user and plugins maker for 9 years and counting.
muzikia
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 167

Postby Andrew on Nov 22, 2012 6 pm

PHP Melody v3.0
Andrew
Founding Developer