Loading ...

Download links

Board index / General Chat / Feedback

Help us improve our services. Post any suggestions to help us improve.

Postby Steve1943 on Jul 22, 2007 7 pm

My download link for version 2 of UAR did not work first time. You quickly supplied a replacement so no big deal.

The download link for version 3 did not work either and I'm now waiting for a replacement (which I have every confidence will also arrive quickly and cheerfully - this is NOT a complaint about your support, which is excellent!)

My question is whether my download difficulty an isolated case or does this happen to other users too? If the latter, it must mean a heck of a lot of wasted time for Support.

Maybe you could improve the situation by either
a) extending the validity period of the downloads links beyond 24 hours which is pretty tight for folks who have other things to do besides read email 24/7

b) beta testing your download security system over a wider range of user environments/browser configurations. I'd be pleased to help if you want to test it out further on a cross section of users.

Steve
4mostClassifieds.com
Steve1943
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 0

Postby Andrew on Jul 23, 2007 2 pm

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your feedback.

Hope you've received the download link this time 

We've had some customers abusing the download links by posting them on some 'bad neighborhoods' (forums). That was pretty bad for business so we reduced the validity period to 24 hours.

Anyway, we provide e-mail support 8 hours per day and most of the time even more.

If a customer requires another download link we're more than happy to provide it.

We've been discussing a clients area where clients can always download the latest updates however, that would require some serious coding and a lot of security measures (very time consuming). The 'clients area' will be introduced eventually but not this year.

Thanks again for the feedback and I promise we're going to improve the download procedure.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428