Loading ...

PHP Melody v1.8

Board index / General Chat / Announcements

News and announcements from our team

Postby motivatorman on Dec 23, 2012 1 pm

hi, great work on version 1.8. however, the notification badge on my profile isn't going away even after i have read or looked at the notification. Any suggestions on what needs to be done? thanks
motivatorman
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -10

Postby dotch on Dec 23, 2012 3 pm

What message do you get? If it's messages about upgrading the database, you have to delete the admin/db_update.php file. This is important for savety reasons. Then reload the admin pannel.
dotch
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby motivatorman on Dec 23, 2012 4 pm

hi dotch,

thanks for the reply, its the notification badge from the social plugin updates. I get it when someone follows me or updates their profile but wont go away even after checking.
motivatorman
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby motivatorman on Dec 23, 2012 10 pm

sorted
motivatorman
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby nzpoint on Dec 24, 2012 1 am

motivatorman wrote:sorted

so what was it? mine dont go away too and i still dont know what its for? certanly not for someone follow you as i have 1 person following me and i have 15 notification!!
nzpoint
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 10

Postby alexandarciric on Dec 24, 2012 3 am

I do not have the option to download. the older 1.7 version ... why?
alexandarciric
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby ababneh on Dec 24, 2012 11 pm

I don't have the b52 template in customer area! was it released yet? I saw the new demo so I thought it was out
ababneh
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 25

Postby motivatorman on Dec 25, 2012 10 pm

nzpoint wrote:

so what was it? mine dont go away too and i still dont know what its for? certanly not for someone follow you as i have 1 person following me and i have 15 notification!!

hi,

are you following 15 people?
motivatorman
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby nzpoint on Dec 25, 2012 11 pm

motivatorman wrote:
nzpoint wrote:

hi,

are you following 15 people?

no, i am not.. i just got one follower, which is myself with different username to see whats all this about.
right now its 37!!

I tried manythings to make it go away, but cant find whats that number stands for
nzpoint
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 10

Postby CarLive on Dec 26, 2012 1 am

ababneh wrote:I don't have the b52 template in customer area! was it released yet? I saw the new demo so I thought it was out

You are not alone..... :!:
Read this viewtopic.php?f=64&t=9652
http://www.urubufilmes.tv Music videos, Brazilian Country Music, comedies and my CRAZY animations...! Enjoy!
Powered by PHP Melody 2.0 with B52
CarLive
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 30

Postby atvstudio on Dec 26, 2012 2 am

Is Nice to have the social module, I love it the new update ,,but how can I add my logo , I want keep the default template , and I don't see the file where I can add a logo , andrew if anyone can help me, will be great ,,

Anadrew Thanks for this big update ,
happy holly days
atvstudio
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby webbiepublisher on Dec 26, 2012 5 pm

atvstudio wrote:Is Nice to have the social module, I love it the new update ,,but how can I add my logo , I want keep the default template , and I don't see the file where I can add a logo , andrew if anyone can help me, will be great ,,

Anadrew Thanks for this big update ,
happy holly days

This question has already been answered in the 1.7 section. Take a look at the section.
VPS Servers starting at $2 per month!!5GB+ Space
3.3GHz+ CPU
1Gbps Connection
1 IPv4 / 16 IPv6
Instant Setup!
webbiepublisher
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 24

Postby Andrew on Dec 27, 2012 9 am

The B52 theme was updated and available in the Customer Area all along. I neglected to update it's version number. That's all.

On an unrelated note, we'll be taking a short vacation starting tomorrow.

I wish you all a very Happy New Year! Take care of yourself and see you in 2013.

A very sincere Thank YOU goes to all those who make PHP Melody happen. You know who you are :)
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby gotunes on Dec 28, 2012 6 am

Hi Andrew,

When the Bronx template will be updated? I'm still waiting for the update.

Thanks
gotunes
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 3

Postby 234Ent on Dec 30, 2012 3 am

The all new PHP Melody 1.8 looks great so far. However, I'm still not sure if I should update yet or wait for more bugs to be found and fixed. One important question I can't seem to find answer for in the forum, is the new link structure. How does it work?

Since the artist field is no longer available in 1.7 and 1.8, are indexed links (URL) modified in anyway or remains the same?

Say for instance, I use the Artist Field for something else, like "Genre" or "Video Type" and my current video title looks something like this:

'Delta Force Part 1'
'New Hollywood Movie'

Mind you that "New Hollywood Movie" is the Artist Field changed to something else, and the actual video title is "Delta Force Part 1". Now, with the Artist Field removed or merged with Video Title, if I then remove or modify "New Hollywood Movie", will this affect the video link which has been indexed and also linked to by external websites?

Further more, are their no documentation on this new changes so customers can become familiar?

Update:

I just modified the title of a video in the Admin panel of PM demo and discovered that modifying the video title also modified the URL of the video. Does this not affect SEO? Even though the old video link still work!

In WordPress visual editor, you can modify post titles without modifying the existing link, how come this feature was not implemented to PM - especially when the Artist Field is being removed or tampered with?

Does anyone understand this issue with titles/artist field? Especially if you're running a non-music website, I'd like to know how to work around this. Thanks!
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50