Loading ...

Updated: Terms of agreement

Board index / General Chat / Announcements

News and announcements from our team

Postby Andrew on Oct 25, 2008 5 pm

Hello,

We've always been very transparent about our work and services. I wish to inform you all that we have updated our Terms of agreement and I invite you all to read it.

Another reason why I opened this topic was because I need to ensure all our customers about a couple of things.

So here are the most significant changes in our 'terms of agreement':

Product updates are free for a minimum period of 6 month depending on the product. After this period expires you will be able to extend it by paying a certain fee. This fee can represent a period of 6 or 12 months, depending on the product.
During this period of time, free customer support will also be included in the price.

AND

Customer support may be free of charge for a limited or unlimited time, depending on the product. We offer a minimum of 6 months free customer support for each of our products after which you can choose to expand your access to customer support by paying a certain fee (please see the product page or contact us).

Unfortunately we cannot provide free customer support and free updates for our products as we did for 3 years now, mainly because of two reasons:

1. We plan to release a couple of new products this year, that will also require regular updates and customer support.
2. The support and the updates have just become too much to handle for our team so these services cannot longer be free for an unlimited period of time.
We need to hire someone to take some of the load and we can only do this by introducing new services.

From the feedback I received over the years, we've done a pretty good job providing premium support to our customers and we intend to keep it this way!

However, this change in our terms of agreement only applies to NEW customers that purchase our products or services after November 1, 2008.

Our existing customer base (including you) will have free support and free updates for life since that was the agreement we had at that time.

We keep our promises. Thank you

P.S. I know you may have an opinion about this. Please feel free to express it or to post related questions in this topic.
P.P.S. Other parts of the website will be updated accordingly as soon as the weekend is over.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428