Loading ...

List of pre-sale questions

Board index / PHP Melody - Video CMS / PHP Melody 1.6.x (old version) / Pre-sale questions

Any questions you may have.

Postby tulee04 on Aug 06, 2008 12 am

I viewed the demo and I like your script; however, I have a few questions need to be answer before I decide to use your script or not. Please provide answers as precise as you can including time line or version of script a feature should be included.

1. What is the plan of adding more video sites (ex: megavideo.com, crunchyroll.com, ... ) supported by this script?

2. Will we be able to have our own water make logo built into the flv player instead of having logo url in param var list?

3. Any plan on having this script using existing forums user database such as vbulletin, phpBB,ipB,...?

4. Will we be able to let users/visitor select a language for the site? The website should support multi-language and visitors can select on the fly or users can set in their profile?

5. Top videos and new videos break into pages just like viewing videos in GENRE?

6. Can the section "being watched now..." on homepage auto update in x seconds without reload the page?

7. Any plan on having option in Admin area where the admin turn on/off to allow users/visitors to download the flv file?
tulee04
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 0

Postby Andrew on Aug 06, 2008 9 am

Welcome to the forums.

Here are the answers to your questions:
1. What is the plan of adding more video sites (ex: megavideo.com, crunchyroll.com, ... ) supported by this script?

- The 10 extra video sources we added in 1.5 are just the beginning. We plan on adding a lot more :) and also keep them updated along the way since some sites keep changing their servers.

2. Will we be able to have our own water make logo built into the flv player instead of having logo url in param var list?

- This is not an option in this player. Only watermarks that are placed as a parameter will be shown.

3. Any plan on having this script using existing forums user database such as vbulletin, phpBB,ipB,...?

- Yes, after 1.5.1 is out we'll start working on a bridge for vBulletin & PHP Melody.

4. Will we be able to let users/visitor select a language for the site? The website should support multi-language and visitors can select on the fly or users can set in their profile?

- This option will be available in 1.5.2.

5. Top videos and new videos break into pages just like viewing videos in GENRE?

- No, they don't since there's no need to. A top is usualy limited in results (top 10, top 100, etc) and the same goes for new videos. If you think this is important you can suggest it and we might add it as an option in the next versions.

PHP Melody 1.5 was created based of 90% of the customer suggestions.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions regarding this please let me know.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby jtstore on Aug 06, 2008 2 pm

Yes, after 1.5.1 is out we'll start working on a bridge for vBulletin & PHP Melody

please also make it for phpbb 2 too :)
jtstore
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby tulee04 on Aug 09, 2008 7 pm

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions.

What a about the last 2 questions on the list? They are:

6. Can the section "being watched now..." on homepage auto update in x seconds without reload the page?

7. Any plan on having option in Admin area where the admin turn on/off to allow users/visitors to download the flv file?

Also,

8. There is an "Import from Youtube" in Admin area. This is needy and alot quicker than adding per url. Do you have plan of having importing from other supported sites the same way?

9. Do you have plan to have playlist? Or just having some ways to allow grouping related videos? There are many videos being split into multiple parts and uploaded to youtube as "video name - part 1" and "video name - part 2", ... It would be nice to group these so when a visitor play one part, they don't have to go search for the other parts.

10. Would you tell me how hard is this to modify the "Music video of the day" to a list of videos of the day? This would be a better use for me. I don't know how the current code is done in this part. But may be instead of having 1 video id input in Admin area, we could have a list of videos separated by commas. We would have the player play a list of videos instead of 1 video. It would be even nicer if we can display thumb under the player so visitors can pick the item on the list to play.
Is this something do you plan to do in the future? If not, with the current code written, how much work do you expect to make this modification?

Thank you!
tulee04
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby Andrew on Aug 12, 2008 9 am

Glad i could help you and i'm happy to see such interest in PHP Melody from you.

- Not at this time. But this is something a bit of javascript can fix.

- No since this is a bit illegaly :) You can maybe download a mod/hack from our forum but it's your responsability.

8. There is an "Import from Youtube" in Admin area. This is needy and alot quicker than adding per url. Do you have plan of having importing from other supported sites the same way?

- Importing can only be done from sites that have API. At this time only Youtube has such an API.
9. Do you have plan to have playlist? Or just having some ways to allow grouping related videos? There are many videos being split into multiple parts and uploaded to youtube as "video name - part 1" and "video name - part 2", ... It would be nice to group these so when a visitor play one part, they don't have to go search for the other parts.

- Yes, I know PHP Melody 1.6 will be more social and playlists will play a great part in all this.
10. Would you tell me how hard is this to modify the "Music video of the day" to a list of videos of the day? This would be a better use for me. I don't know how the current code is done in this part. But may be instead of having 1 video id input in Admin area, we could have a list of videos separated by commas.

- It's not hard at all if you know basic PHP. You need to create an alternative table of video IDs from where PHP Melody can pick it's video of the day accordingly.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions regarding this please let me know :)

Thank you!
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby Dominick on Nov 06, 2010 10 pm

@tulee04
My site is also powered by Phpmelody and I contacted the developer of minibb and asked him the question if he could integrate the forum, he responded to me very quickly and he integrated into my site. Now my site works perfectly integrated with minibb, so it is possible. You can check it out on my site.
Dominick
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 30

Postby Andrew on Nov 17, 2010 10 am

Dominick wrote:@tulee04
My site is also powered by Phpmelody and I contacted the developer of minibb and asked him the question if he could integrate the forum, he responded to me very quickly and he integrated into my site. Now my site works perfectly integrated with minibb, so it is possible. You can check it out on my site.

Excellent news.
PHP Melody v3.0
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby mephisto on Nov 18, 2010 2 am

Dominick wrote:@tulee04

I don't remember anybody ever saying it was not possible. It's just not easy. Of course the developer of the forum should know what he's doing, hard to compete with that, but try that with another forum like phpBB etc. If you are willing to pay for it anything goes. PM is plain and simple php code so everything goes, if you know what you're doing.
mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -6