Loading ...

Pre-sales questions

Board index / PHP Melody - Video CMS / PHP Melody 1.6.x (old version) / Pre-sale questions

Any questions you may have.

Postby Andrew on Feb 18, 2013 8 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Here are the answers to your questions:

Does your script use an encoding system when videos are uploaded to the website ?

No. PHP Melody v1.8 and the coming v1.9 do not have an encoding (ffmpeg) plugin built-in. Any uploaded videos need the be converted to a web-friendly format beforehand.

If not, do you plan to insert such king of encode system in the future, i need it because i don't want my users to insert manually the time and the video thumbnail for each videos they are gonna to upload, even if the video is not encoded the time and a video thumbnail need to be extracted.

Yes, we do and hopefully in the coming months.
Also when a user upload a video does he see a progress upload bar ?

No. An accurate progress bar requires a special plugin which most webhosts do not have.
And does the user can publish articles also ?

Only if the user is made an "Editor" by the Admin. Otherwise it's potentially dangerous to give any user access to such web forms.
And does the user can use the video link grabber ?

Yes, users can suggest videos from around the web by simply pasting a link to a 3rd party site. PHP Melody grabs the video meta (title, desc, etc.) and thumbnail.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428