Loading ...

[solved] No Updates Again!

Board index / General Chat / Other Products / Ultimate Regnow Affiliate (Deprecated)

Run your own software site...automatically!

Postby marko2002 on Nov 01, 2009 11 pm

Guys, the whole updating matter from RegNow is in serious need of some attention. I've read through the forum post's which have raised this before and tried all the suggestions but nothing seems to be definitive - the last success I had was changing the UPDATE.PHP file to include my RegNow affiliate ID which worked for a while and has now stopped also. It's been a considerable time since any updates were added to my site which is beginning to make the site look out-dated and somewhat useless.

Can someone take a look at this issue and come up with a solution please?
Thanks
Marko
marko2002
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby Andrew on Nov 02, 2009 5 pm

Please try again today Marko.

Let me know how it goes.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby marko2002 on Nov 02, 2009 6 pm

OK, using the original UPDATE.PHP I simply get the usual "Your database is already up-to-date. No update was necessary!" message which I know isn't correct as my site hasn't updated now since 11th October 2009. Ammending the UPDATE.PHP file to include the hack with the RegNow affiliate ID returns the same initially, then on another attempt it doesn't show any message therefore, it simply refreshes with no further message.
marko2002
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mhmdkhamis on Nov 03, 2009 1 pm

i got this error after update in product page

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and parent = 0' at line 1
mhmdkhamis
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby marko2002 on Nov 10, 2009 9 am

OK, I think by the lack of response here it's pretty obvious the answer isn't available which is a great shame because I was beginning to enjoy using this script. If it's broke, please tell us it's broke, if it's something that can't be fixed please tell us as I personally have wasted a great deal of time in this matter and there is little point in me continuing to push any SEO for the site if the script can't update from RegNow as that was the whole appeal of it in the first place.

If that is the case I will need to source some other script that can do a similar job or entrust the code to someone who can fix it, either way a response would be appreciated.
Thanks
Marko
marko2002
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Andrew on Nov 10, 2009 11 am

We have updated URA's database during this Sunday.

It appears Regnow has recently changed their feed which now uses new Category IDs.

We have updated our product ( Ultimate Regnow Affiliate 3.0 ) to work with this new Regnow Structure.

Also, the database has been heavily updated, almost twice as many titiles were added.

You can download the updated version from our Customer Area at any time.

We plan an official update which brings other features as well.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby marko2002 on Nov 10, 2009 12 pm

Andrew, thanks for the update - it's just quite frustrating when there are issues with the script and no obvious fix for them but I'll await the update release.
Thanks
Marko
marko2002
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mhmdkhamis on Nov 11, 2009 2 pm

andrew how we run update

replace files only or run setup again ?

and does the products id will change that may change our urls which alredy indexed in google
mhmdkhamis
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Andrew on Nov 11, 2009 6 pm

mhmdkhamis wrote:andrew how we run update

replace files only or run setup again ?

and does the products id will change that may change our urls which alredy indexed in google

You can safely 're-install' Ultimate Regnow Affiliate since the indexed links will remain unchanged.

At this point re-installing is the easiest way to upgrade your database.

Here's what needs to be done to 're-install':

1. Upload (the new) ura_database.sql file and install.php. You can get these files from our Customer Area.

2. Use a clean database or empty your existing database (this will remove your existing settings such as admin password and email). Update config.php accordingly if the database name has changed.

3. Run install.php and wait for it to finish.
PHP Melody v3.0
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby marko2002 on Nov 11, 2009 6 pm

Andrew, quick question if I may .. did what you explained and the upgrade worked OK, however now when I browse to the categories I get the following error "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and parent = 0' at line 1"
Any idea's what could be causing that?
Thanks
Marko
marko2002
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mhmdkhamis on Nov 12, 2009 1 pm

after updating ther is a problem in category

Code: Select all

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and parent = 0' at line 1
mhmdkhamis
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby marko2002 on Nov 12, 2009 2 pm

Thank god, I was beginning to think it was just me and about to regress the site back, hopefully Andrew will be able to figure this out :)
Cheers
Marko
marko2002
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby marko2002 on Nov 13, 2009 6 pm

Andrew, noticed something which may help you figure this one out .. when we click the main category links we get the SQL error, although when I click on the nav structure (i.e. click a file, view it, then use the Home > Games nav the cats list fine. With that, I guess it's an issue with the main cat header - hope we get a resolution soon :)
Cheers
Marko
PS - I've already raised a ticket and will update that too.
marko2002
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby marko2002 on Nov 13, 2009 6 pm

.... and looking a little more I see the following ....

From the main category menu on the header the games cat for example goes to http://www.sharewarebb.com/browse--1_40.html whereas on the nav bar it goes (and works) to http://www.sharewarebb.com/browse-games-1_445.html
marko2002
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby marko2002 on Nov 13, 2009 7 pm

Seriously !!! Anyone having this problem just download the new/most recent version and upload/overwrite the header file, sorted it for me. Gone!.
marko2002
Verified Customer
Verified Customer