Loading ...

Have a nice day

Board index / General Chat / General Product Chat

Our humble work and the community behind it.

Postby dhunt on Jul 05, 2012 8 am

Trace wrote:You remade the best design of the 90s? :P

Trace, I am a 90s kind of guy. Actually, I still think it's July 5, 1967 :lol:
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -85

Postby Trace on Jul 05, 2012 8 am

dhunt wrote:

lol :P

If I had all the time you people have on writing whole essays on the forum with your opinion, I'd be done with PHP melody 1.7 from scratch by now (and no, i'm not working on that or even planning to, just to highlight that you 2 there seem to have way too much time)
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 1329

Postby dhunt on Jul 06, 2012 12 am

Trace wrote:
dhunt wrote:

lol :P

If I had all the time you people have on writing whole essays on the forum with your opinion, I'd be done with PHP melody 1.7 from scratch by now (and no, i'm not working on that or even planning to, just to highlight that you 2 there seem to have way too much time)

Trace,

Once more, he buried the message. The message is, the SEO is a huge negative. IT's advertised as great SEO. Under Google before Panda, it was. It's not anymore. In fact, it carries huge penalties that, as the code stands now, for Panda and beyond. If you build a Burger Stand and have the most mouth watering burgers ever created, great service, cheap price but you build it in a pit in the Desert and bury it, then wonder why you aren't making any sales, that's where it is right now.

I watched all of our systems go from the Alta rating of right at 100k and climbing down to well over a million. I watched our sites drop off the face of the earth with Google Search. Meanwhile, I watched other Vid Sites done real cheezy continue to drop in the alta numbers and go up in the google search just because the SEO was more traditional. Most did it purely by accident. NO matter what we try with Melody, the slip still continues to happen. Andrew and company needs to fact that in V1.7.
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mephisto on Jul 06, 2012 9 am

I watched all of our systems go from the Alta rating of right at 100k and climbing down to well over a million.

Correction: you watched YOUR site do that. And nothing else. If you want to quote facts, then get some facts first, from reliable and trustworthy sources. And not from Alexa for crying out loud!

How would you even know what
all of our systems

means?
Do you know how many phpmelody sites there are, out there?
How did you find out? And you checked each and everyone of them?
So how can you say ALL OF THEM then? You can't.
It's hyperbole and nothing else.

I watched our sites drop off the face of the earth with Google Search.

again.. you watched YOUR site do that. You don't know ANYTHING about OUR sites, Daryl, NOT A THING.
From some of your earlier comments I doubt you even know how to use google in order to establish such a fact for your own site only.

You have no right to speak for anybody else, so don't pretend to speak for ALL OF US.
Nobody here asked you to or appointed you to act as our spokesperson.
None of what you're waffling about applies to my site for example.
And I'm sure a lot of other people would have the numbers readily available to send your comment to the bin as well.

First it was the jw player advertising code that everybody wanted, now it's the SEO that everybody needs.
YOU WANT IT! Daryl, ONLY YOU WANT IT. And nobody else here seems to even care.

This thread would be flooded by now by other people's comments supporting your claim if only your claims would be true, or even just independently verifiable, and if they would indeed all have been so brutally savaged in the search engines as you claim. If only you would make any sense at all, they'd all jump on the opportunity to support you and solve their problem. They would gratefully rise to the occasion and cheer you on for you to rescue them from the PANDA's big black hole! Yet not one single soul has even bothered. You are the lone bewildered prophet in the desert, yelling and screaming THE DAY OF THE FINAL RECKONING HAS COME and nobody, not even the animals, is listening!

The irony of it all is that you're not even running a phpmelody site anymore!

Give us 5 links of phpmelody video sites that you have seen fall out of google search. Only 5 - that is FIVE - links to backup your claim that we are all suffering from this problem. 5 links, so people can verify your claims independently and objectively. We don't want ALL PHPMELODY LINKS that you've seen fall out of google, just 5!
I know that you won't post any links. You never reply to or even answer any question. That's the only way you can keep your charade going.

Here's another one you won't answer; Give us 5 things that need to be changed and tell us how to change them to escape from the Digital Armageddon you are describing that is gonna descend on all of us, unless we hear and abide by your SEO prophecies!

AMEN!

PS : And if you're referring to me the next time, it is SHE and not HE.
mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -6

Postby mephisto on Jul 06, 2012 12 pm

Oh and and other little irony that didn't go unnoticed is that you and all your religious SEO fervour are well at odds with eachother with all your new pages being in Microsoft Office html. Ask your SEO experts - if they exist at least - about the importance of valid html or xhtml. And that really is the most basic and elementary of all things.

But still you think you're entitled to demand Andrew improves PM's SEO.
mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mephisto on Jul 06, 2012 1 pm

To avoid that people just entering into this thread get lost in all the cabal and all the talk and digressions, allow me to summarize this thread in short:

1. You ditch phpmelody.
2. You start to rebuild your site with microsoft office html
3. you basically violate every rule in the book, you have the same meta tags for all your pages, hardly any text content to index, a lot of 404 error pages for now etc. etc.
4. you claim that your current site already has better ranking and better search engine referrals than your previous phpmelody site. (And that despite the fact that you broke just about every rule in the book, see point 3).

The only possible logical conclusion is that if your claim in 4 is true, you would have singlehandedly proven in practice that SEO is a load of hogwash and bullshit.

Yet instead of coming on here and saying that you've proven - or just found out by accident - that SEO is rubbish you demand that Andrew improves the SEO of phpmelody in version 1.7.

Correct me where I'm wrong. I know that I have to be wrong somewhere.
mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby dhunt on Jul 06, 2012 4 pm

Yes, bury the message. Yes, you lost your control and can't stand it. For you, it's all about power.

You can't change the fact that Melody needs a rethink with the new Panda. Only Andrew can change that fact. And it's a FACT. No matter how much you yell, it's still a fact. You think because you are loudest you are going to control who is right and who is wrong. Nope, you are just loud and wrong.

Get over yourself.
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mephisto on Jul 07, 2012 2 am

dhunt wrote:Yes, bury the message. Yes, you lost your control and can't stand it. For you, it's all about power.

1. There is no message, there never was, given my summary that should be clear to anyone now
Yes, you lost your control and can't stand it. For you, it's all about power.

is typical psychological projection.
I never had nor wanted any control, I wouldn't even know over what, and I am not demanding anything from anybody nor pointing the finger at anybody for anything, leave alone accusing somebody else of being the reason for my own failures, so where could the possible power trip be?

All of this quote is actually correct and very much to the point, when applied to yourself. Not me.

Where's our 5 links? And where's our 5 SEO suggestions?
mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mephisto on Jul 07, 2012 2 am

Since you're just yapping on and on about Google PANDA... I'll post some information so at least some people here can find out what the hell you're on about... it is only from one of what you call "untrustworthy sources" however...
I don't hang out in your elitist circles with SEO experts and other New World Order warriors and Freemasons.

Google Panda is a change to the Google's search results ranking algorithm that was first released in February 2011. The change aimed to lower the rank of "low-quality sites", and return higher-quality sites near the top of the search results. CNET reported a surge in the rankings of news websites and social networking sites, and a drop in rankings for sites containing large amounts of advertising. This change reportedly affected the rankings of almost 12 percent of all search results. Soon after the Panda rollout, many websites, including Google's webmaster forum, became filled with complaints of scrapers/copyright infringers getting better rankings than sites with original content. At one point, Google publicly asked for data points to help detect scrapers better. Google's Panda has received several updates since the original rollout in February 2011, and the effect went global in April 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Panda

And here's google's latest stand on SEO
As of the past few weeks, primarily in the months of February/March, Google updated Panda and stated that they are deploying an "over-optimization penalty," in order to level the playing field. Numerous websites have been hit, and penalized, and many owners have received messages through Google webmaster tools, declaring their tactics are outside of google's guidelines, and that they have an unnatural link velocity. The reference to query optimized, organic SEO still remains a debate to most of the webmasters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Panda

And here's the word from the Chief Commanding PANDA officer in Charge
Our goal is simple: to give people the most relevant answers to their queries as quickly as possible. This requires constant tuning of our algorithms, as new content—both good and bad—comes online all the time.

Many of the changes we make are so subtle that very few people notice them. But in the last day or so we launched a pretty big algorithmic improvement to our ranking—a change that noticeably impacts 11.8% of our queries—and we wanted to let people know what’s going on. This update is designed to reduce rankings for low-quality sites—sites which are low-value add for users, copy content from other websites or sites that are just not very useful. At the same time, it will provide better rankings for high-quality sites—sites with original content and information such as research, in-depth reports, thoughtful analysis and so on.

We can’t make a major improvement without affecting rankings for many sites. It has to be that some sites will go up and some will go down. Google depends on the high-quality content created by wonderful websites around the world, and we do have a responsibility to encourage a healthy web ecosystem. Therefore, it is important for high-quality sites to be rewarded, and that’s exactly what this change does.

It’s worth noting that this update does not rely on the feedback we’ve received from the Personal Blocklist Chrome extension, which we launched last week. However, we did compare the Blocklist data we gathered with the sites identified by our algorithm, and we were very pleased that the preferences our users expressed by using the extension are well represented. If you take the top several dozen or so most-blocked domains from the Chrome extension, then this algorithmic change addresses 84% of them, which is strong independent confirmation of the user benefits.

So, we’re very excited about this new ranking improvement because we believe it’s a big step in the right direction of helping people find ever higher quality in our results. We’ve been tackling these issues for more than a year, and working on this specific change for the past few months. And we’re working on many more updates that we believe will substantially improve the quality of the pages in our results.

To start with, we’re launching this change in the U.S. only; we plan to roll it out elsewhere over time. We’ll keep you posted as we roll this and other changes out, and as always please keep giving us feedback about the quality of our results because it really helps us to improve Google Search.

Update April 11: We’ve rolled out this algorithmic change globally to all English-language Google users and incorporated new signals as we iterate and improve. We’ll continue testing and refining the change before expanding to additional languages. You can learn more on our Webmaster Central Blog.

Posted by Amit Singhal, Google Fellow, and Matt Cutts, Principal Engineer

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/ ... es-in.html

So which one of these applied to your site you think?
This update is designed to reduce rankings for low-quality sites — sites which are low-value add for users, copy content from other websites or sites that are just not very useful.

Since it took such a hit as you declared here publicly.

A video, any video, be they a music video or a blockbuster movie does NOT qualify as (sufficient) content to search engines.

Given the fact that in one of my first posts arguing with you here I already mentioned that it took me numerous clicks to find a video that actually worked... because most of your NBC videos had expired at the time, and given the fact that your site failed on the level of relevant text content... it seems that you got just what you deserved, at least according to google. And there's nothing any SEO improvements could do about that, not in the past and not in the future. It is your content or rather the lack thereof that was, is and will always be the problem. And unless Andrew is a Harry Potter in disguise there is NOTHING he can do about that.

Related (also worth reading)
Panda 2.0: Google Rolls Out Panda Update Internationally & Incorporates Searcher Blocking Data
http://searchengineland.com/google-roll ... data-72497
Your Site’s Traffic Has Plummeted Since Google’s Panda Update. Now What?
http://searchengineland.com/your-sites- ... what-66769
mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mephisto on Jul 07, 2012 3 am

And here's the cold hard evidence that there is NO phpmelody SEO problem.

Check the date of decline. If it’s any date other than February 24th 2011, it may be unrelated.
(from http://searchengineland.com/your-sites- ... what-66769)

This the analytics overview of my video site only, since I use different analytics for my different sites or even for different parts of my sites.
Click the image so you can locate February 24th 2011.
And since I know by now how hard you are to please, here's a zoomed in one...

My traffic has constantly increased, with an occasional dip and spike every now and then which is normal. I'm running phpmelody and I have never bothered to make any special SEO changes, because I have always said here that SEO is rubbish. Just follow google's guidelines and approach your site from the point of view of your visitor.

And here's my search engine stats, a comparison of the periods Jan 2011 - Jul 2011 and Jan 2012 - Jul 2012
(the period in which PANDA was upgraded and so many sites took a hit and the corresponding period of this year)
As you can see they're all up and not exactly by a small margin either! ... have a look at Bing for example.
Not on the graphic: Yahoo went up 9.16%, Facebook up by 51.33%.

The only exception being Google referrals... but what exactly is that "google referrals"
What does google[referral] mean?

Not all referrals from Google.com domains come through organic search or AdWords ad listings. Referrals may come from a variety of sources, including Google Groups posts, base.google.com listings, or static pages on related Google sites. Such visits are tagged as [referral] instead of [organic] or [cpc].

http://support.google.com/googleanalyti ... swer=55587

As far as I'm concerned my "google referrals" could go all the way down to 0 as long as all the others keep going the way they're going.

Anything else you'd like to see?

As I have said repeatedly: case dismissed.
You don't have a case. Nothing, nada, zero. There is absolutely no facts to support any of your hyperbole and accusations or to support your demand that Andrew improve the SEO in version 1.7.

PANDA likes phpmelody. PANDA just did not like your site. Live with it! Or learn from it and improve it.
Last edited by mephisto on Jul 07, 2012 5 am, edited 1 time in total.
mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby dhunt on Jul 07, 2012 4 am

Panda hates Melody. You can lie about it all you want. From yesterday to today, I have a decrease of 75K in the Alexa numbers. I have an increase in the Google referrals (they were zero or near that on July 2nd)

Thank you for giving your examples. On July 2, 2012, I was strictly using Melody. You are not only loud but you sure do like to shoot yourself in the foot.

Now, try and be a little quieter. It's MY site, not yours. And I notice you don't publish the same numbers for your own site. What's the matter, is it more than a little embarrassing?

Daryl
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mephisto on Jul 07, 2012 5 am

On July 2, 2012, I was strictly using Melody.

What does July 2 have to do with anything? It's just a random date to have a 6 month period to compare that includes February 24th 2011, when google made their changes and so many sites lost so much traffic. You don't even know how to read the data? Geez, what an expert! You are definitely the designated person that Andrew should take advice from.

And I notice you don't publish the same numbers for your own site.

Those are the data of my own site, you idiot! Where the hell would I get access to your analytics data? Since you're always babbling about Alexa I would be surprised if you'd even be using it. If you're talking about the numbers that I edited out, those are irrelevant, and none of anybody else's business, the % increase or decrease say all there is to say. For any normal thinking human being at least. And they flat out contradict every claim you ever made in this thread.

What's the matter, is it more than a little embarrassing?

Your ignorance and incompetence is getting more than just a little embarassing to everyone reading your continued nonsense.

From yesterday to today, I have a decrease of 75K in the Alexa numbers. I have an increase in the Google referrals (they were zero or near that on July 2nd)

Sure. And Santa Claus comes on December 25th.
Try something a bit more reliable than Alexa and somebody might even be willing to listen.

Panda hates Melody.

Panda hates idiots that don't know what they're doing. It tries to save the online world population from their irrelevant online excrements. It should get a Nobel Price for doing so.

mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby dhunt on Jul 07, 2012 5 am

mephisto wrote:
On July 2, 2012, I was strictly using Melody.

What does July 2 have to do with anything? It's just a random date to have a 6 month period to compare that includes February 24th 2011, when google made their changes and so many sites lost so much traffic. You don't even know how to read the data? Geez, what an expert! You are definitely the designated person that Andrew should take advice from.

Panda hates Melody.

Panda hates idiots that don't know what they're doing. It tries to save the online world population from their irrelevant online excrements. It should get a Nobel Price for doing so.

You already stated that you don't have access to my analytics. Yet you carry on and on. I also note that you don't have a scale on your charts. They could be 1 to 3 or 1 to 1000 for all anyone knows. Or you could have manufactured them with Paint Shop.

Now, I don't care about your site. I care about mine. I suggest you spend more time on your own site and less on mine. But children without supervision aren't the best behaved things on the earth.

My numbers and referrals are showing a rise. And my alexa number is going down. You can't stand that. Good.

Daryl
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby mephisto on Jul 07, 2012 6 am

I also note that you don't have a scale on your charts. They could be 1 to 3 or 1 to 1000 for all anyone knows.

They have no relevance whatsoever, since the discussion is about whether PANDA caused ALL phpmelody sites to lose traffic or not. That is your claim. That is why you think that you are justfied to demand Andrew improves the SEO.
How much traffic those sites lost is only of secondary importance. Expecially now that it has been established that your claim is simply not supported by any facts. What's it to you whether my site has 10.000 visitors or 100.000 or just 15.

It's so typical of your total lack of even the most basic reasoning and arguing skills. It's just another instance of your typical "Don't say anything about the data that is available, just distract everybody by pointing out something that isn't". You always do that. One would have to be blind not to notice. I know exactly how you tick by now. You should have been a politician or a CIA brainwasher. You're only kidding yourself Daryl. We all have you figured out by now.

We all know by now that you will never ever admit to being wrong. If I post the facts here, and if I insist on facts, that is not to convince you - I've long given up on that even being a possibility, and I'd only be wasting my time - but I do so to point out to the others reading this thread that you're full of it. And since you're not the first one coming up with this SEO garbage, we finally will have a thread with some facts proving that there is no such thing as a phpmelody SEO problem. It's about bloody time we clear that up for once and for all. These discussions have been coming up again and again for at least three years by now. People screwing up or just not knowing what they're doing, always have put the blame at Andrew's door. That's easier than doing something about it yourself.

Oh and my site is doing just fine. PANDA is happy with it, my visitors are happy with it and I am happy with it too.

By the way we're still waiting for those 5 links that we could check and verify. And 5 of your SEO tips.
mephisto
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby dhunt on Jul 07, 2012 7 am

Are you aware that all you have done is just use insults? That is the mark of a failed argument. I am so happy that you have succeeded in reaching that.

Now, let's look at your claims that your site is doing JUST fine. Your Alexa Number is 561, 288. This means that it doesn't even register on Alexa and has a really crappy Search Engine rating. I am not happy unless my site is under 100k in Alexa and not on the first page on the search engines for the keywords. Your site, totallyfuzzy.net isn't even on the first 100 listings in Google for key words. It's so far down there, I couldn't find it. I only know of ONE Melody site with a decent rating and that is the documentary site (kudos to that person). Before Panda, there were a number of us with a much better rating than you have. Mine was just about to break under 100k in alexa and started moving into the top 4 pages of Google and the 3rd page of Yahoo. Yours will never do as well as many of us did before panda. Your site is a jumbled mess that NO search engine will ever care for. If it weren't for the extra text you have on the pages, you would be closer to 10 mil in alexa. But I imagine if we wait a bit for the Search Engines to notice that you have the same text over and over, your rating will keep going up. If that is the site you think is doing so well then you have really, really low standards. Like other Melodies, I realized that it was in extreme trouble and am taking steps to correct it. The only correction you can do is just sit and watch others succeed while you continue to fail.

So now you are demanding things. As for the 5 links of Melody's that are in trouble I won't post those. You would but I won't. It is embarrassing enough as it is to have those really high numbers and low search engine ratings. Those that have them know and we don't need to be pointing out that who they are.

For someone that keeps saying they are through, you sure do come back over and over.

The message still is, (and you already agreed with this) Melody is in serious Search Engine trouble. If you are running Melody (by your own admission) then YOU are in trouble for SEO. This is the message you are trying to bury. Even Muz stopped after his uncalled for jibe. Do you mean that he is the bigger person?

Are you really that worried about my site? Why, thank you for caring.

Have a nice day, Kid.

Daryl
Last edited by dhunt on Jul 07, 2012 8 am, edited 1 time in total.
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer