Loading ...

Pulling Profile Thumbnail / Image / Pic

Board index / PHP Melody - Video CMS

For PHP Melody version 2 and newer

Postby vidderman on Sep 25, 2014 3 pm

I searched and didn't see anything here. I am thinking it would be a very useful mod to be able to pull profile pictures on sign up.

Example: When new user registers. There would be a new a field for them to include their you tube profile or username. There is a question that says something along the lines of "Would you like to use your You Tube profile picture or upload your own? They choose the dropdown or checkbox indicating their option. Or it could be more limiting. (if they put in their You Tube profile or username). "Your you tube profile picture will be used for your profile picture. If you would like to change it. You can always upload a new profile picture".

Benefit
The benefit of this is the instant recognition usually associated with a you tube profile picture. If this can be pulled from You Tube using api it will help members recognize each other instantly and feel at home on this "new" network. I know it can be done because I've seen it on other sites.

This is just the basic idea. The implementation of it can be improved beyond what I've already said.
vidderman
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 5