i think so, any 1 feeling same, share ur thougths
siva
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 10

Postby muzikia on Jan 31, 2014 4 pm

Hello Siva,
Unfortunately I have to agree with you.
There are many requesting for info, for help and as this is a customer to customer forum, we expect that the other members to answer.
In many cases this doenst happen.

My sorrow is that Andrew is invisible here: there are no messages, no answers, no comment, no future plans and so on. It is a great mistake as in many cases, when I want to buy a script I visit their forum to see how the forum members support the product. That means a lot in the future.

Many receive no support in the forums and even more in the PHPsugar customer support area. Therefore many came to us asking for help. We cannot offer support as we dont have so much time for all. In the same time, isnt correct for the customers as they paid PHPSugar not only for a product but also for updates and/or support.

Despite the "dead" forum, I've seen, made and supported many very good websites based on PHM. It is true, one of my favourites just decided to turn to another script.

On the market, there are also some other (not so new) scripts that soon will put down PHPMelody. Unfortunately.
Don't wanna name them. But they are really good.
It is a matter of time until we will begin to write for them.

As a small business supporting PHPMelody since 2009 - almost 5 years - I have to confess that in the last period of time I wasnt so happy with the new PHM improvements.
Moreover, as a main plugins/mods maker for 5 years, even if we requested the documentation of the plugin module implemented in 1.7 and made by Trace this didnt come. (probably almost 2 years ago).

Moreover, a big downsize of PHM are the bad bad templates. I really dont like them. Even other third part sucks in my opinion.

So, As a real developer that wants to build a business have also to offer: documentations for templates, for plugins so more and more build businesses and build a better PHM.

But there is only silence.
And 2-3 lost guys asking and begging for some solutions.

Andrew needs a boost otherwise the future isnt so bright.
My 2 cents.
http://www.ModMyScript.com - PHPMelody plugins and mods since 2008
http://www.HostingWays.com - Shared or VPS Hosting
*** PHP Melody user and plugins maker for 9 years and counting.
muzikia
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 167

Postby siva on Jan 31, 2014 7 pm

yes, i agree with u , i used 1.6.2 till last month, decided to upgarde to 2.1, every thing changed, most of functions very clueless when compare 1.6.2 and 2.1,

i spend more than 2000 usd to mod phpmelody , to my need, since no support from forum, also hard to chnage any function as our requirments.

most questions are unanswered, even i mailed andrew , no words from them, no documentation, all asking help, even i belive forum members, no helping each other,

a big question ? why there is no template, all template from melody sucks alot, php mleody was great till1.6

after 1.7 , i srt left visiting forum, just came coz planned to use 2.1, but most codes changed, not everyone buyed melody are coders to understand,

any way, dont know wheater phpmelody will contuine or discontuine,
siva
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 10

Postby 234Ent on Feb 01, 2014 6 pm

I believe every product or service has its ups and downs, likewise PHP Melody, WordPress, Facebook, etc. However, one thing we have to consider is the level of team behind each respective product or service.

Since inception in 2005, PHP Melody is being developed and supported by a small team of 2 (Andrew and Paul). That is over 8 years! Though the development phase may be slow and not satisfactory with every customer; they at least deserve some credit for the consistency.

If the team behind PHP Melody was larger, the development phase and support would have been faster.

It's okay for anyone dissatisfied with the product or level of support to voice their opinion. But we have to remember that PHP Sugar is a small team and they do have other lives outside of PHP Melody.

Lastly, PHP Melody needs everyone's suggestions and ideas that would continue to help improve the script as the demand for Video CMS continues to increase.

So, while its okay to criticize in a healthy way, we also have to bring suggestions to the table that could better the script.

Finally, this forum is not dead; it is alive and well. We, the customers, are really the ones running the forum. We all need to form the habit of commenting on each other's thread in a helpful way. This is a community.
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50