Loading ...

suggest video feature is not working

Board index / PHP Melody - Video CMS

For PHP Melody version 2 and newer

Postby doreloprisan on Oct 05, 2013 11 am

On my site, If I try to suggest a video, by say, pasting in a youtube url, it pulls in all the info and the thumbnail, but then when you click submit, a little circle spins next to the button and then nothing happens. The upload feature is working perfectly, but not the suggest feature.

I should also note that I saw a thread with someone else having this issue and they were missing ajax.php, I am not missing that file.

My problem seems to be similar with viewtopic.php?f=65&t=10560

Thanks
doreloprisan
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 0

Postby Putranz on Nov 30, 2013 9 am

anyone can help to solve this issue?
Putranz
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby DigArtHub on Oct 30, 2014 3 pm

If you're trying to upload a youtube video url from admin backend and you receive this error, this maybe a result of php curl trying to resolve a IPV6 address:

Here's an example error I get:
Failed to connect to 2607:f8b0:4000:805::1000: Network is unreachable

From what I read, this is due to your host server (mine is BLUEHOST) not equipped to handle IPV6 addresses yet.

A quick workaround is to modify your admin/src/youtube.php file and add the following php code right above the curl_exec call. It should look something like this:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_IPRESOLVE, CURL_IPRESOLVE_V4 ); //Add this line to your file
$video_data = curl_exec($ch);

Hopefully this helps someone else out. Still need to figure out the issue with user side.
DigArtHub
Non-verified
Non-verified