Loading ...

PHP Melody 1.7?

Board index / PHP Melody - Video CMS / PHP Melody 1.6.x (old version) / Pre-sale questions

Any questions you may have.

Postby jonty19 on Oct 24, 2012 6 pm

Anybody knows when php melody 1.7 next version is coming? We have seen lots of people are talking about next version 1.7, but dont know when? I am eagerly waiting for the next version. One of the best video script i have seen so far. Andrew, can you please let us know or give us an idea?

Jonty
jonty19
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 11

Postby brownbloodz on Oct 24, 2012 9 pm

If you search for Andrew's posts, he mentions in one of the post that he plans to release it before November.
brownbloodz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 261

Postby dhunt on Oct 25, 2012 3 am

Checking Sundial.....Checking Moon Position, checking Trees......
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -85

Postby 234Ent on Oct 25, 2012 11 pm

Yes, Andrew did promise the 1.7 version to be out before November but with the look of things I think we'll be disappointed over-waiting this next release.

It's been 3 weeks or thereabout since I've been contacting Andrew using the Contact form but no response so far. He has been MIA in the forum too since September 18. Does anyone happen to know if he's on vacation?
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50

Postby Lawrence on Oct 26, 2012 6 am

Andrew will release it when he is happy with it. Also Trace has been working with the development team by means of creating a plugin system that will make 1.7 the best Video CMS, thanks guys (you can see evidence of this here : melodymods.com) yeah - so you can bet your lucky stars when it does come out it will be exactly that. It will be worth the wait I'm sure. If you want a decent mod to 1.6.7 I can recommend pimpmymelody.com there are additional tweaks on the forum over there that I have implemented on one of my sites and the modded script work well for me. Enjoy! ;)
Lawrence
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby dhunt on Oct 26, 2012 7 am

Lawrence wrote:Andrew will release it when he is happy with it. Also Trace has been working with the development team by means of creating a plugin system that will make 1.7 the best Video CMS, thanks guys (you can see evidence of this here : melodymods.com) yeah - so you can bet your lucky stars when it does come out it will be exactly that. It will be worth the wait I'm sure. If you want a decent mod to 1.6.7 I can recommend pimpmymelody.com there are additional tweaks on the forum over there that I have implemented on one of my sites and the modded script work well for me. Enjoy! ;)

I think the modding of 1.6.7 is on a hold until we see 1.7 in action. After that, most of us will move on to 1.7 and go from there. One person stated that the old hands weren't posting right now. I won't try and figure what he meant but I will say that it does little good to mod what we have now when the mods will all have to be changed for 1.7. The best way for Andrew and Company to revive things is to introduce 1.7 within the next week. Sounds to me like there are a few sites already running 1.7, they just haven't been announced yet.
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Lawrence on Oct 26, 2012 7 am

I agree. The proof is in the pudding. Some people will stay with what they're using, particularly if their sites are heavily modded. I am using one such site and will keep it the way it's set as that works for that site. However DO want the new features of 1.7 and some of the plugins that Trace has developed for it, as I have domains that need it. So that's a BIG YES! I would like to see 1.7 like real soon! Hint hint...
Lawrence
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby Trace on Oct 26, 2012 8 am

Its not there yet and it might be a few more weeks before it is, but trust me, from what i've seen, 1.7 is awesome :D

@dhunt
there are no sites running 1.7 yet that I am aware of, you can however run a part of 1.7 if you install the framework already
The beauty of the framework is that whenever a plugin needs to change because changes in PHP Melody happen, it won't be you manually editing files, but just uploading 1 or a few updated files should be all.
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 1329

Postby dhunt on Oct 26, 2012 1 pm

Trace wrote:Its not there yet and it might be a few more weeks before it is, but trust me, from what i've seen, 1.7 is awesome :D

@dhunt
there are no sites running 1.7 yet that I am aware of, you can however run a part of 1.7 if you install the framework already
The beauty of the framework is that whenever a plugin needs to change because changes in PHP Melody happen, it won't be you manually editing files, but just uploading 1 or a few updated files should be all.

I'll keep that in mind. Your mod is long overdue. And it's not in violation of the Copyright Laws falling securely into the Fair Use of the Act
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby brownbloodz on Oct 26, 2012 4 pm

@Trace Does the 1.7 version change the link format?
Current format ex: domain.com/artist/videoname-video_id.html

Does it have a responsive template? I am asking this because I made a suggestion to Andrew couple of months ago.
Ex: http://wp-themes.com/ (Resize your browser window and template will resize to fit the screen.)
brownbloodz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 261

Postby Trace on Oct 26, 2012 7 pm

Don't know really. As for the link format, it would be quite bad if it changed since it would make you end up with a lot of broken links.
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby dhunt on Oct 26, 2012 8 pm

brownbloodz wrote:@Trace Does the 1.7 version change the link format?
Current format ex: domain.com/artist/videoname-video_id.html

Does it have a responsive template? I am asking this because I made a suggestion to Andrew couple of months ago.
Ex: http://wp-themes.com/ (Resize your browser window and template will resize to fit the screen.)

Under the fair use law, almost any long video can be displayed if it's done in parts. Here is something from my site that one of the contributors posted:

http://tvmoviesforfree.com/forums/index.php?topic=179.0

Code: Select all
Copyright Act 1976, section 107  for FAIR USE of a copyrighted work:

1)To avoid violations of intellectual property, the minimum amount  you can use is better. A video clip (15 minutes or less), in this case, is allowed. If the total amount of time from the video, surpasses 15 minutes, it is recommended to modify the content (cut scenes, add titles, invert images and so on) to avoid copyright infringements.

2)Educational purposes (add graphical or verbal descriptions about scenes, subtitles to teach languages and so on).

3)Non-commercial purposes (disable  the embedding codes for no addition to blogs or websites and the cut of a portion of the copyrighted work, so it can't be sold).

4)Criticism (add comments or likes among others, as you do at droopyvids).

Regretfully, it seems that there aren't anymore options to exhibit videos of the Major Studios of your Country (Columbia,Paramount,Universal & Fox). I  have excluded Warner, because this one in particular is very punctilious about its products and FAIR USE does not apply for them.

By the opposite , there is a channel called TL Novelas at CABLEVISION & SKY in Mexico, in which soap operas from past decades are exhibited in a period of some months, and you can upload them to YouTube, after this time, without copyright infringements.There's no marketing of DVDs in TELEVISA. They prefer sponsors' advertisements to gratify their money demands.

This area is for discussing the Copyrights of Videos of Movies and TV. We could use your help. It's not a discussion for pirating, it's a discussion where we can try and come up with something fairer than the Mickey Mouse/Sonny Bono act.

Daryl
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Trace on Oct 26, 2012 8 pm

I think you meant to open a new topic rather than replying this here Dhunt :P
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby dhunt on Oct 27, 2012 11 pm

Trace wrote:I think you meant to open a new topic rather than replying this here Dhunt :P

Yes and no, Trace. The addition of this to V1.7 is fantastic. Although it can be used to put on an entire Show of Music Vids, it allows us to legally show full length movies and TV programs within the Fair Use Act. This, alone, is the one addition to V1.7 that makes it worth having.

And you are right, a new topic might be in order. But you can see the backlash that even this is causing. Too bad, your mod is wonderful and a very welcome addition.

http://tvmoviesforfree.com/mel/the-munsters/munster-go-home-1966-video_008242a18.html in all of it's 15 parts.

Daryl
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer