Loading ...

Depending on Youtube for anything

Board index / PHP Melody - Video CMS / PHP Melody 1.6.x (old version)

Forums for the previous PHP Melody version (1.6.x)

Postby dhunt on Jun 16, 2011 9 pm

Right now, Youtube is going through some major changes. Movies and Programs are disappearing or becoming private. With Youtube cutting deals with DVD sellers, look for it to get even worse. I even had a few Public Domain videos go private. That means that if, say, Amazon, is selling the DVD of it then Youtube will not make it available for the free public.

Hulu.com is now starting it's 90 second preview for free. The first one I noticed was the Pretender. It's bad enough they are putting a ton of advertising on it, but to charge $7.99 a month to view it is definately taking advantage of the public. I figured out where they get it from and imported the Pretender into my system for free.

It erks me to see public domain stuff and free network stuff being charged for.

tvmoviesforfree.com is dealing with primarily TV and Movies. I am not an expert in Music Videos. I propose that sites like mine trade links with a decent video site. Let me know if any of you are interested. I do carry C&W music videos, on that, I am an expert. But I have no idea on the rest. I spent 23 years playing 50s rock and Country so have a pretty good understanding. But the newer "Not country or Rock and Roll" I have no idea what is good and what is bad.

So let's here from you "Modern" folks and let's get a link going where both parties benefit.
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -85