Loading ...

PHP Melody v2.0

Board index / General Chat / Announcements

News and announcements from our team

Postby Andrew on Jun 11, 2013 1 pm

one question, i can install older versions if i bough the new version?

Yes, you can.

nice, but i think the theme need more work, is to simple now, i dont know, give me the feeling that is not finished

As 234Ent mentioned, the default theme is designed to be as universal and lightweight as possible. This translates into easy customization.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby webbiepublisher on Jun 12, 2013 8 am

Cannot get video sitemap to complete. Have double checked to make sure it's writable but the thing just won't complete.
VPS Servers starting at $2 per month!!5GB+ Space
3.3GHz+ CPU
1Gbps Connection
1 IPv4 / 16 IPv6
Instant Setup!
webbiepublisher
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 24

Postby 234Ent on Jun 14, 2013 3 pm

webbiepublisher wrote:Cannot get video sitemap to complete. Have double checked to make sure it's writable but the thing just won't complete.

I believe your video sitemap is full that is why it's no longer completing i.e., it hangs at the end of the process/status bar. I experienced the same issue some weeks back in version 1.9, and I had to split my video sitemap into two - with continuous support from Andrew of course.
P.S. Do not submit your video sitemap in Webmaster Tool while this issue persist. If you do, Webmaster Tool will return a parsing error and your video links will be dropped from Google's index. This was from my bitter experience.
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50

Postby 234Ent on Jun 14, 2013 7 pm

I just upgraded my site to 2.0, imported few videos (some scheduled for later), tried to generate video sitemap 2, and I can confirm it does not complete hereby resulting to a parsing error.

A good guess is, it's time to use the additional video sitemaps. But I still don't understand why a video sitemap of roughly 800kb (in my case), is already full or hanging.

P.S. I'm not sure if this thread is right for this, just following up with Webbie.

Edit: Something about the video sitemap again. I just noticed apart from the additional xml files, the structure of the xml 1 and xml 2 have changed in 2.0.

In 1.9, my xml 2 have always carried my most recent entries, while xml 1 is where my older entries starting from inception are located. However, now with 2.0 my newer entries are filed under xml 1 and older entries filed under xml 2 (which is currently not completing). Won't this cause Google to de-index my site again?
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Trace on Jun 14, 2013 8 pm

Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 1329

Postby 234Ent on Jun 15, 2013 2 am

Wow...it worked. Thanks Trace!

But why wasn't this fix (since March 2012) added to PHP Melody new releases?

I was able to generate video sitemap again under one xml file, instead of splitting only kilobytes of videos into multiple xml files.

And it seems Google temporary de-index my videos because only about half are currently showing as indexed after resubmitting my videos under one xml file. I know this could be due to me having multiple video sitemaps initially in Webmaster Tool. Well, I'd see if the number of indexed videos increases in the next 24 hours.
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby webbiepublisher on Jun 17, 2013 7 am

We need you to add some of the desktop versions features to the mobile version.

1. Rate video
2. My favorites
3. If possible some sort of option to list a logged in users recently watched videos (They may want to rewatch them)
VPS Servers starting at $2 per month!!5GB+ Space
3.3GHz+ CPU
1Gbps Connection
1 IPv4 / 16 IPv6
Instant Setup!
webbiepublisher
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 24