Autoplay next video does not work
mijaz
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 10

Postby Andrew on May 23, 2016 3 pm

mijaz wrote:Autoplay next video does not work

The only two reasons why the 'autoplay' toggle is missing are:

1) The video in question is embeded from another site, or the video simply does not support the autoplay feature.
Basically PHP Melody cannot determine when the video in question ends. Most likely it's a STREAM or EMBEDED video.

2) The video is being watched as part of a playlist. This is not the case from what I can tell. But that's the other case where 'autoplay' does not appear.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby andy1980 on May 23, 2016 6 pm

hello andrew
you can integrate random videos
in templates echo?
thank you
andy1980
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 0

Postby morllaines on Jun 23, 2016 11 am

Echo is very good template BUT.
I realy dont like the On mouse over menu expanding.
This need to be on click expand.

If you have a large site with large SUB MENUS the ONMOUSEOVER expanding is very bad to navigate on site .
Also , smartphones user realy dislike this i think.
Smartphone dont have ONMOUSEOVER and when click on category is redirected to this page,with bad design subcategory.

If anyone can make the menu like this please post here.

The menu need to be > when click expand the subcategory and dont go to this page.

Sorry my english.
Thanks
morllaines
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 1

Postby Andrew on Jun 23, 2016 6 pm

Thanks for the feedback @morllaines

Very good point.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby andy1980 on Jun 23, 2016 8 pm

It would be nice
when the video is deleted
Instead of directing the home
to see visitors
why the video was deleted
andy1980
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby morllaines on Jun 30, 2016 12 pm

Hi.

When you drag the page for resize the window, the jwplayer get weird resizes.
I think php melody uses "fill" on player configuration, this makes realy nosense player window sizes.
Now i changed all "fill" to "uniform" for fix my pages, but uniform get black borders but dont distort the video.

Developers! its need to be fixed on Echo theme
morllaines
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 1

Postby ekickers on Oct 25, 2016 8 pm

How do I make my logo on this theme bigger? It is currently too small for me.
ekickers
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby vidderman on Feb 06, 2017 1 pm

The following is a critique. I say this ahead of time so there is no surprise.

Inside of a vacuum you learn to tolerate what you have but when you look around and see what else is available you can get very disappointed by what you have tolerated so far.

The Echo theme and it's development since April of 2016 is very disappointing when I look at the competition.

There is only one responsive theme since April 2016 and it is not good enough of a theme to be able to maintain a potentially year long drought in updates to improve it. I find it frustrating. The business model is a yearly subscription and I am going to find it very difficult to justify a renewal when development is so slow and the competition seems to offer better options for less. I am also getting tired of having to make customization after customization to have PHP Melody come up to what I need for my users and have to do that work all over again when there is a new update. There should either more an effort to address user feedback or a better options for users to more easily customize PHP Melody.

The work that was supposed to go into this new theme was supposed to create a foundation template that would make it very easy to customize and create new themes. I remember this clearly and yet almost a year later we have one theme and even currently it has some issues.

This is 2017 but this product seems to have the kind of development of a developer who doesn't use their own product. Pretty soon users won't either especially when compared to other options and the realization how much they have been tolerating. These are just my thoughts not necessarily the truth. To each his own. I am going to start re-evaluating how to best move forward in serving my community because after all this is the highest priority for someone running their video community. My community may not be as forgiving especially when they see other sites with better options. We have an audience too that we have to account to and I hope that is not forgotten either.
vidderman
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 5

Postby Andrew on Feb 06, 2017 4 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @vidderman. They are valid and on point. Things have not panned out as I hoped with the core theme because of various reasons. For example, I underestimated the scale of the work involved and decided to pivot.

With a bit of effort the Echo theme can be rolled into a core/child theme. We are seriously considering this and/or creating a new 'default' theme for v2.8. I'm not sure how this will pan out either. Based on previous stats, this alone might take somewhere between 70 and 100 hours of development (plus testing).
PHP Melody v3.0
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby vidderman on Feb 07, 2017 1 pm

Thank you for your reply. Like I stated in a vacuum I would not feel as strongly but when compared to other mortals who seem to be moving ahead with many more updates in the same time period it makes me wonder if they are eating a better breakfast than you or something. 70 to 100 hours? I know you've already mentioned to another poster on here they could modify the template. Imagine how they feel after reading that comment. I know modifications won't take that long but there are some simple modifications you might be able to make yourself even just based on feedback in this discussion like the display of the video pages alone. Perhaps a few options there.

Perhaps there is another approach needed that hasn't been considered yet or more delegation of skills. My sympathy for your situation is not equivalent to the results of a product with relevant updates. At this stage (while I wait) I'm investigating just how distinctive your offering is from others that may be able to match and surpass some of my key requirements. It's still a marketplace and so far your product has kept pace but this now seems to be the longest stretch of time without what I feel are updates to this theme or themes. PHP Melody had many themes but now if one wants a responsive site they only have one and have to manually get their hands dirty to customize it.

Even if you didn't provide themes at least others interested in creating custom ones could assist but Melody Mods who is such a partner hardly seems to be active. And I have thought more than once that your updates seem to make his offering irrelevant. There is more in common in the Echo theme and his Essence them than there is with your standard themes or You Tube besides just the first letter in their names. Perhaps making it easier for others to participate in development and customization. If other can't participate then the burden is solely on you.

I guess we'll see what awaits. I'll update about my own search but won't mention any names of alternatives. I'll either modify the theme myself, pay someone to help do so or just go with another solution.
vidderman
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 5

Postby spirog on Jul 13, 2017 3 pm

subscribe, in members search is not working, in echo theme, if i click subscribe, and then refresh the page it is not marked as a check , still shows as not subscribed even though you are ? can you fix this please

thanks

Spiro
spirog
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby bobstennett on May 18, 2019 4 pm

The tag cloud is not working in the apollo theme, I do not even see it working on your demo.
Sorry I posted this in the wrong board.
bobstennett
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 30

Postby Gambleback on Jul 23, 2019 2 am

Wrong thread
Gambleback
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Developper2017 on Aug 25, 2019 10 am

the theme echo 3.0 i found updated on may 2019 ? is true , i founded in my product customer area ?

tHANKS
Developper2017
Non-verified
Non-verified