Loading ...

[solved] Product license and downloading

Board index / General Chat / General Product Chat

Our humble work and the community behind it.

Postby erik8 on Oct 13, 2011 9 pm

Ive purchased phpmelody before, few years ago, but lost/forgot my email and pass, so today i bought new (it was old very old version anyway). I chose 1 more license of phpmelody as free, does it mean, i can download 2x only? Coz i mistakenly pressed 2x on the link so in the download section, it showd that i downloaded it 2 times already. Or can i dl it as many times i want? What about that free license? Does it mean i can give it to anyone? Or can i use it on my second web without registering it? Is the registration of the web necessary? I dont want people to know about my webs and one of the condition of being verified is also revealing it...
erik8
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 0

Postby Xarex on Oct 16, 2011 7 pm

1 more license means you now can have 2 websites with PHP Melody on it.

Each time you download in your customer area, it jut increases the count. You can download as many times as you want - such as, I keep a copy of PHP Melody on different computers so I just download it to each computer.

But you once you install PHP Melody and the claim a domain, that key is for that domain name. The license is good for that domain. If you want to change it, than you might have to email support and tell them.

If you now have a second license, than yes, you can give it to someone else. Or you can use it on another domain.

Not sure what you mean about the registration of the web and verified.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." - Ben Franklin
http://www.youtrippy.com
Xarex
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 246

Postby erik8 on Oct 16, 2011 10 pm

i mean being as verified customer. In this process, You need to add your websites, which i dont want to

and about the license, i did gave my friend a copy, but im afraid someone might steal it or he can give it to someone else... How do i know how many users use my license?
erik8
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby muzikia on Oct 16, 2011 10 pm

Hi

Don't be afraid of this. Only the phpsugar team will know your website URL.

Concerning the second question, I am afraid that only the phpsugar team knows if a license is legit and if it is used on a legit domain.

In any case, once you have a licensed copy you have no reason to be worried
http://www.ModMyScript.com - PHPMelody plugins and mods since 2008
http://www.HostingWays.com - Shared or VPS Hosting
*** PHP Melody user and plugins maker for 9 years and counting.
muzikia
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 167

Postby Andrew on Oct 17, 2011 9 am

@erik8 - You cannot transfer the license to someone else. You can only install PHP Melody and give him the domain.

In case he redistributes the license in warez forums, YOUR account will be suspended and your rights removed. You are responsible for how your licenses are managed.

Please apply for a verified forum account at your earliest convenience.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby erik8 on Oct 17, 2011 6 pm

in customer area, section downloads, i do see that i have only 1 license? Shouldnt there be 2?
erik8
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby kalashnik21 on Oct 17, 2011 8 pm

Hello!
I`ve changed the domain name for my phpMelody script because i was not satified by the first one. I have one license and one instalation...is that ok? Changing the domain shouldn`t be a problem sice i only have one site/one license.
Thanks!
kalashnik21
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Andrew on Oct 18, 2011 8 am

kalashnik21 wrote:Hello!
I`ve changed the domain name for my phpMelody script because i was not satified by the first one. I have one license and one instalation...is that ok? Changing the domain shouldn`t be a problem sice i only have one site/one license.
Thanks!

Yes, that is OK.

in customer area, section downloads, i do see that i have only 1 license? Shouldnt there be 2?

Problem sorted. You should see 2 licenses now. Thanks for the report :)
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428