Loading ...

Options for ads, SEO ...

Board index / PHP Melody - Video CMS

For PHP Melody version 2 and newer

Postby safsafs on Apr 02, 2016 10 pm

Hi Andrew , i wonder why the video resumes automatically after ads runs , this will reduce adsense and publisher revenues because user doesn't has to interfere and interact with the ads which reduces clicks and RPM , we need option to make either manual or automatic video display after the ad runs. and if possible to add the X button on top right corner(mobile+desktop).

second thing is about importing videos can you please add auto populate with image after importing description, or allow image insertion in the import page?

Third option which is also important for seo and traffic optimisation is to add the auto share module to popular social networks (where facebook share is set to a fbk page and not to user profile or to have both options.

Excuse me if i will notice some technical bugs like:
*importing videos is displaying older videos before newer ones in new videos.
**the search options aren't combined which gives poor result like i want to find keyword into uncategorized or some other category is not possible which makes arranging videos with no category very difficult.
***If the videos are dead why we can't have easy solution to have a uniq id field of videos to be updated directly on the dead videos list(would be great that updating uniq id updates image thumb in same time- and not to open each video separately (most of time 30% of videos are dead ) and updating them is a very hard task.

Thank you for your continue consideration and positive reactions to make php melody the best video CMS!
safsafs
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby Andrew on Apr 05, 2016 5 pm

Love the feedback. Hope you won't mind my answers.

i wonder why the video resumes automatically after ads runs , this will reduce adsense and publisher revenues because user doesn't has to interfere and interact with the ads which reduces clicks and RPM

Mostly out of courtesy for your visitors. Basically, they'll be tired very soon of such a site. With that being said, you've presented a good alternative.

second thing is about importing videos can you please add auto populate with image after importing description, or allow image insertion in the import page?

The import results pages are quite "heavy". There is a ton of data already on those pages and I feel that adding more forms or options on that page would slow things down very much :(

Third option which is also important for seo and traffic optimisation is to add the auto share module to popular social networks (where facebook share is set to a fbk page and not to user profile or to have both options.

100% agree.

I also agree with your last paragraph/list. Improvements in those area will most definitely be made because you're using the product and we want you to have the best experience possible.

THANK YOU.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby safsafs on Apr 06, 2016 4 pm

Thanks a lot for your kindness.
safsafs
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0