Loading ...

Re: Help us build the next update!

Board index / PHP Melody - Video CMS

For PHP Melody version 2 and newer

Postby vidderman on Nov 15, 2014 2 pm

It would be helpful to add some features to encourage users and organization of content.

Users
a. Featured members designation just like with videos. This does the job of both highlighting members and their content.

Code: Select all
Organization of content

a. Alphabetical guide or index. Just like you do with the member list allowing some kind of alphabetical listing of Categories, Tags, or Title content. You already have it for members to find each other so it is just an extension of this to the content.

b. Featured videos. When a site has a lot of content it is useful to be able to feature some of the best works from the mass so the members are not overwhelmed by the content and are given a place to go when something by having a featured list.

c. Top ten videos by member. Critic's picks. It's cool to have videos judged by popularity but if people are being followed anyway they should have their own top ten of videos that may not necessarily be popular. The weight is given to the person being followed rather than popularity. Seinfeld did terrible in the rating before it became popular. I know you may recommend a playlist but I really like the numbered display and feel this can be replicated for each user and create more conversation and focus on certain videos between close members.
vidderman
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 5

Postby vidderman on Nov 15, 2014 3 pm

How do I delete a topic or post?
vidderman
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 5