Loading ...

PHP Melody v1.8

Board index / General Chat / Announcements

News and announcements from our team

Postby Andrew on Jan 10, 2013 4 pm

Thanks for the suggestions THE12ESE. Some of them will be implemented soon others later.

Before anything else:

1) Facebook/Twitter Registration and Login.

There's a Facebook Login plugin available in the forums. Twitter, not yet.

4) LIKE for Comments - Users would have the option to LIKE a Comment.

That's already possible in v1.8
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby 234Ent on Jan 11, 2013 6 am

@Andrew, are you already aware of the bugs with video tags? You can't enter multiple tags, and you can't even really see what you entered. This is one of the issues preventing me from installing 1.8, among others already reported by members. Entering multiple tags individually is a hassle, pls look into this issue as it affects everyone of us. Thanks
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50

Postby Andrew on Jan 11, 2013 9 am

@Andrew, are you already aware of the bugs with video tags? You can't enter multiple tags, and you can't even really see what you entered. This is one of the issues preventing me from installing 1.8, among others already reported by members. Entering multiple tags individually is a hassle, pls look into this issue as it affects everyone of us. Thanks

Is this the same bug report that requires a Youtube API Key in order to fix it?
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby 234Ent on Jan 16, 2013 3 am

Andrew wrote:

Is this the same bug report that requires a Youtube API Key in order to fix it?

No this one is different. I won't necessary call it a bug neither, just that the way the video tags functions has been modified beyond and lacks ease of use. I'll explain further:

When adding a new video in 1.8, you can't easily copy and paste keywords or tags to its respective field. You have to enter each tag for the video individually. But in 1.6.7 which I currently still use, you can copy and paste keywords/tags in the designated video tag field as easy as A-B-C. I can't seem to understand why that was changed in 1.8. Kudos on the hot fixes btw, it shows the PHP Sugar team is committed!
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50

Postby Andrew on Jan 16, 2013 9 am

When adding a new video in 1.8, you can't easily copy and paste keywords or tags to its respective field. You have to enter each tag for the video individually. But in 1.6.7 which I currently still use, you can copy and paste keywords/tags in the designated video tag field as easy as A-B-C. I can't seem to understand why that was changed in 1.8. Kudos on the hot fixes btw, it shows the PHP Sugar team is committed!

This makes sense. I'll see what can be done in the official release. If not, you can request this modification in our "Mod Request" forums. I'd be happy to post a step-by-step tutorial.
PHP Melody v3.0
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby nzpoint on Jan 16, 2013 9 am

@Andrew,

Please if your doign some release soon, remove the annoying tool setting in admin panel (top right corner) to reveal search option.. whether for video or users.

recently I used newsletter plugin from trace to find out lots of users email address dont exist and I had to do a search for each one and clicking the thing is so annoying if you want to do 100 of different search.

or at least let me know how to disable this

thanks
nzpoint
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 10

Postby Andrew on Jan 16, 2013 11 am

Please if your doign some release soon, remove the annoying tool setting in admin panel (top right corner) to reveal search option.. whether for video or users.

Please let me know if there are other things you find annoying or unnecessary in the Admin Area.

The coming release is a "hotfix" and deals with urgent bugs only. However, the Admin Area improvements will happen once we get the bugs sorted.
PHP Melody v3.0
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby jonty19 on Jan 16, 2013 5 pm

From admin area:
When you do import from youtube user and add video tags & import videos. you will see enter tag on each videos if you imported any no of videos. That's really a bug.

Another annoying thing as per 234Ent is "When adding a new video in 1.8, you can't easily copy and paste keywords or tags to its respective field. You have to enter each tag for the video individually. But in 1.6.7 which I currently still use, you can copy and paste keywords/tags in the designated video tag field as easy as A-B-C". We need video tag field as text area or something so that we can add & remove easily. This is the most annoying thing when you do anything with Tags.

Jonty
jonty19
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 11

Postby Andrew on Jan 17, 2013 7 am

When you do import from youtube user and add video tags & import videos. you will see enter tag on each videos if you imported any no of videos. That's really a bug.

The word "enter" is just a placeholder. That should NOT be imported as a tag.

Please confirm the word "enter" is imported as a tag.

I could not replicate this bug report.
PHP Melody v3.0
Andrew
Founding Developer