Loading ...

PHP Melody v2.7.1

Board index / General Chat / Announcements

News and announcements from our team

Postby iorellana on Jan 28, 2017 5 am

iorellana wrote:Hello!,

This update have killed my website.... i can get inside the admin but there is nothing outside but this message:

Fatal error: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/Smarty/templates_c'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user. in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1092

I have done this updates every time since i bought this CMS, and every time it has been a risk, because you have to replace almost every file....

Help please! http://www.armyofonetv.com

Thank you!
Ignacio.

I have the site back but it is missing a lot of things.... :-(
iorellana
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby Andrew on Jan 28, 2017 7 am

Sorry to see some of you had problems with this update. The issues appear to be caused by previous impartial updates. For example, this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fetch_user_info() in /home/SITE/public_html/include/functions.php on line 1373

The fetch_user_info() function was introduced in v2.6. That's why I believe (at least) the /include/user_functions.php was not updated in a while.

@iorellana - your /Smarty/templates_c/ is not writable. This folder needs to have 0755 or 0777 permissions.

Starting today, the v2.7.1 package includes /include/user_functions.php and the fix to the 'Embed video' (/admin/modify.php) problem.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby infodhoothannews on Jan 28, 2017 7 am

Update not working for me
infodhoothannews
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Andrew on Jan 28, 2017 8 am

Seeing other reports via customer support, I can now confirm that people have been trying to update the wrong versions using v2.7.1.

The v2.7.1 applies only to v2.7. It should not be applied over any other version. (how to determine your current version)

If you run into any problems feel free to contact (customer support) and I'll be happy to help you. To speed things up, include FTP credentials with your report.

Thanks.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby Erax on Jan 28, 2017 9 am

Hello Andrew,

Welcome back and i am happy to see you guys working again.

I was thinking, i made some chenges in my echo theme and was looking on http://help.phpmelody.com/php-melody-cr ... -jan-2017/

So i dont need download update, and can do it manually with replace some fex codes as showed on link?
"Stay Focused & Keep Shipping." - Mark Zuckerberg
Erax
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Andrew on Jan 28, 2017 9 am

So i dont need download update, and can do it manually with replace some fex codes as showed on link?

@Erax - You don't have to update if you are only interested in patching the vulnerability. The changes form the aforementioned guide are enough.
PHP Melody v3.0
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby Erax on Jan 28, 2017 9 am

Andrew wrote:

@Erax - You don't have to update if you are only interested in patching the vulnerability. The changes form the aforementioned guide are enough.

I'm interested in the whole update course. But I thought that this "update" which has in the instructions at the link.
Erax
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Andrew on Jan 28, 2017 9 am

I'm interested in the whole update course. But I thought that this "update" which has in the instructions at the link.

In this case, you should use Beyond Compare to manually move the changes from v2.7.1 to your existing installation. This previous post addresses your situation: viewtopic.php?p=66128&f=6#p66128
PHP Melody v3.0
Andrew
Founding Developer

Postby Erax on Jan 28, 2017 10 am

Andrew wrote:

In this case, you should use Beyond Compare to manually move the changes from v2.7.1 to your existing installation. This previous post addresses your situation: viewtopic.php?p=66128&f=6#p66128

Ok. thanks Andrew
Erax
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby icecore on Jan 28, 2017 10 am

Updated successfully! Thanks :)
icecore
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby iorellana on Jan 28, 2017 1 pm

Andrew wrote:@iorellana - your /Smarty/templates_c/ is not writable. This folder needs to have 0755 or 0777 permissions.

yes it was ... because i tried that as well... its working now but it doesn't do the data backup, it gives a page it gives errors...

:-(
iorellana
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby iorellana on Jan 29, 2017 12 am

Andrew,

this is what i get now (after the update) once i press: setting/DATABASE BACKUP, see below:

///////

Warning: fopen(/www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV//admin/temp/backup_details.csv) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php on line 84

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php on line 88

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php on line 88

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php on line 90

Warning: fopen(/www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV//admin/temp/28-01-2017_armyofone_WjnQI9.sql) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php on line 92

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php on line 93

Warning: file(/www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV//admin/temp/backup_details.csv) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php on line 95
Error backing up table: . Details: Incorrect table name ''
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php:88) in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php on line 141

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php:88) in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/db_backup.php on line 142

/////
iorellana
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Erax on Jan 29, 2017 11 am

Hello Andrew,

After update, i can not make edit of embed code, also replace to new. When i replace it, still showing old one?
Erax
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Erax on Jan 29, 2017 11 am

It alllow me to delete completely embed code but not replacing them. And after delete , i can not paste new one. Also it not saving new one.
Erax
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby eshayem on Jan 29, 2017 6 pm

Thanks, no problems
eshayem
Verified Customer
Verified Customer