Loading ...

PHP Melody v2.3.1 (May, 2015) - Crucial Update

Board index / General Chat / Announcements

News and announcements from our team

Postby Andrew on May 01, 2015 9 am

Greetings!

Happy Friday and 1st of May, PHP Melody v2.3.1 was released today.

Until today, PHP Melody used YouTube's v2 API, which became deprecated recently. In today's release we migrated all YouTube related functions from the old API (v2) to the current API (v3).

YouTube importing, video checking, etc. may stop working anytime in PHP Melody sites using anything older than v2.3.1.

Therefore, we consider this release to be a crucial update which all customers must upgrade to/use as soon as possible.

In addition to the YouTube API migration, this release incorporates other enhancements and bug fixes (see release notes).

If you're already using PHP Melody v2.3 you can download the 2.3.1 update package from your customer area account. Log in and go to 'Download Updates'. Choose the 'Download Products' page only if you plan on starting from scratch.

We've had numerous customers installing PHP Melody from scratch and then using the previous (old) MySQL database. Please do not 'update' this way. It will crash your site. Only update using the update packages.

We hope you'll enjoy this new release and we're ready to receive your feedback, questions or bug reports.

Thank you and enjoy!

---
Footnotes:

[0] Backup. Backup. Backup. If anything goes wrong you can always rollback.
[1] We've performed tests to ensure the update works out of the box. However, given the wide variety of possible hosting configurations out there and the possibility of critical bugs, consider applying this update in a test environment first.
[2] All PHP Melody themes have also been updated as well. If you're using anything but the 'default' PHP Melody theme, you'll want to download the the latest version of your current theme and use it instead of the existing one.
[3] The v2.3.1 update can only be applied to video sites using PHP Melody v2.3. Applying the current update to any other PHP Melody version will only crash your site. Always apply updates without skipping any versions.
[4] Mobile Melody v3.1 was released today to include a few fixes.
[5] If you need help with your customer area account, or have any questions for that matter, please get in touch via customer support.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby iorellana on May 02, 2015 12 am

Hi,

after i've added the new api key after i've created it... i am adding a video and i got this on top of the addvideo/step2 video page

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect.
File(/tmp/Google_Client/b8/b86e0f3bb60b13ad95ce6e765a87b02b) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp-www:/usr/local/share/pear:/usr/local/www/hostbaby:/www/hrmd.tk) in /www/hrmd.tk/web/armyOfOneTV/admin/src/youtube-sdk/src/Google/Cache/File.php on line 52

can you explain it please.

Thank you!.
Ignacio Orellana
//
Last edited by iorellana on May 02, 2015 2 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iorellana
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby Mystic on May 02, 2015 1 pm

I have installed PHP Melody 2.3.1 update and got the Youtube v3 api key from their site per the instructions. When I try Import Video or Import User it does not pull any results. I also tried a search with Import Video on Dailymotion and got no results.

Thanks
Eddie
Mystic
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby eshayem on May 02, 2015 5 pm

Thanks, working good.
eshayem
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Andrew on May 04, 2015 7 pm

@iorellana - Please get in touch with me via customer support. Include FTP & back-end access to your PHP Melody installation.

@Mystic - Are there any error messages or just a blank page? Was the importing procedure working before the update/last month? Feel free to get in touch with me via email so we can start debugging the problem.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby AkrepKral on May 04, 2015 9 pm

Andrew I wonder if the solution gives the following error when I try to edit YouTube videos?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_main() (previously declared in /home/***/domains/seyrusefa.net/public_html/admin/src/localhost.php:151) in /home/****/domains/seyrusefa.net/public_html/admin/src/youtube.php on line 66
AkrepKral
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 10

Postby UkNext on May 05, 2015 1 pm

Hello Andrew,

I'm running version 2.1 and I can't do a full update to 2.3.1 since I've modded heavily my 2.1 version. However I never touched /admin/src/* files that is where video hosting libraries resides, if I'm not wrong.

So my question is, can I update to the YouTube v3 API only? Which files I need to overwrite/replace/copy? I suppose maybe:

/admin/src/youtube.php
/admin/src/youtube-sdk/*

And for the api key are admin section needed? <- this I found and fixed myself!

Thank you
UkNext
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby dhunt on May 06, 2015 8 pm

Andrew:

You know I the first to bring bad news. Today, I bring good news. V2.3.1 seems to have it all covered. (ducking knowing that some will still try to shoot the messenger)
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -85

Postby musicuploadz on May 07, 2015 4 am

Wow guys im cofused i have multiple websites with different versions where can i just update the api??????
musicuploadz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby musicuploadz on May 07, 2015 5 am

Anyone know where the api fix is? i have too many files i can mess up??????
musicuploadz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby erwandi78 on May 07, 2015 10 am

v2.3.1 are superb. No more problem and thanks Andrew for your support.

http://www.motorhead.tv
erwandi78
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby live4u on May 07, 2015 12 pm

Search result is right? If i search the keyword " the " Search result order from old video. I need search Result order by newly added how can i change it?
live4u
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Netman on May 07, 2015 4 pm

@Mystic - I have installed PHP Melody 2.3.1 update and got the Youtube v3 api key from their site per the instructions. When I try Import Video or Import User it does not pull any results. I also tried a search with Import Video on Dailymotion and got no results.

if the admin folder name was changed will create this problem, renaming back will solve the issue
Netman
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby musicuploadz on May 08, 2015 12 am

UkNext wrote:Hello Andrew,

I'm running version 2.1 and I can't do a full update to 2.3.1 since I've modded heavily my 2.1 version. However I never touched /admin/src/* files that is where video hosting libraries resides, if I'm not wrong.

So my question is, can I update to the YouTube v3 API only? Which files I need to overwrite/replace/copy? I suppose maybe:

/admin/src/youtube.php
/admin/src/youtube-sdk/*

And for the api key are admin section needed? <- this I found and fixed myself!

Thank you

Have you figured it out yet??????
musicuploadz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby UkNext on May 08, 2015 10 am

@musicuploadz: no maybe I'll try to simply overwrite the file and will post results.
UkNext
Non-verified
Non-verified