News and announcements from our team

Postby enculescu on Aug 26, 2014 7 pm

How do i fix it guys ? :(
enculescu
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 10

Postby Paul on Aug 27, 2014 7 am

@enculescu and others with large user base, I'll ask you guys to hold on a bit until I create a different updater.

If you've partly updated the database (process died while running), don't worry too much, it won't create problems to your users.

If you've already updated, you won't need to do it again.
Paul
Developer
Developer

Reputation points: 38

Postby enculescu on Aug 27, 2014 7 am

OK. So i installed a keepalive plugin for FIrefox, entered the login, logout and keepalive details and i runned the update again.
This morning i verified it and the update was still running so i stopped it.
After that i went again to the update page and it said that my database is updated and i should remove the db_update.php
It is updated now ? :)

AS i can see the playlist are working now :) and i have tables in database created with (playlists)

Thank you :)
enculescu
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Paul on Aug 27, 2014 2 pm

It might be, but I can't be totally sure.

I've just sent you an e-mail - please check it out.
Paul
Developer
Developer

Postby shub on Aug 27, 2014 11 pm

Hi,
I have made a fresh new install to test it because the update is not working very well for me... :(
How the playlist suppose to work? Not working very well under FF or Chrome and I receive the message "This feature has been disabled"
and it's not disable in the dashboard

Also in the Video Player Settings to have the youtube player for example, you have to select FlowPlayer instead of Original Player
thank you
shub
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby Madinmix on Aug 28, 2014 1 pm

Hello
because when I run a video in my PM ​​the following message appears!

"You need to have the Flash Player installed and a browser with JavaScript support."
Madinmix
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby shauzab on Aug 28, 2014 7 pm

Hi,
Any one know how to run Video ads on Player ?
Is it possible with google adsence ?
Thanks
shauzab
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby enculescu on Aug 28, 2014 9 pm

Paul i`ve replied to your e-mail but didn`t receive any answers ...

The update it`s not working. It reaches 64% and then in stops. I runned the update on 2 different environements. On my dedicated server and on a shared hosting as well. On my dedicated server when i run the update my website cannot be accessed anymore or it loads very hard.

It seems that for me using PHP Melody is becoming more harder and harder and i am thinking of leaving this and find something like Wordpress since i have difficult times with the updates ... Last time i had to pay 60 euros to a guy to fix some bugs after i runned the update and it was messing up my server.

Anyway, thank you for your quick reply.
enculescu
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Madinmix on Aug 29, 2014 12 pm

Look I'm also dissatisfied with what little time I have to PM was glad to get the update and unhappy when I did the update corrupted my site in such a way that my fou banned from the site hosting server database corrupted and execution of vídeosestou very upset with what happened peopl is that Andrew will solve these problems in this version 2.2 as soon as possible. Including propio this demo site with errors in the execution of the video as "You need to have the Flash Player installed and a browser with JavaScript support."
The video appears the message "You need to have the Flash Player installed and a browser with JavaScript support." and runs in chrome. Operates in the video does not appear'm very upset with this update.
Madinmix
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby Paul on Sep 01, 2014 1 pm

@enculescu,
I replied about 3 days ago. Could you please check your Spam/Trash folder too and mark the e-mail as 'not spam' if you find it there?
I've requested a few details in order to understand the situation better and improve the database Updater.

@Madinmix,
Could you post a link to your site?
That message appears when you don't have a flash player installed on your computer. I assume you do so a link would be great for me to inspect the problem.

@shub,
How do you mean the update didn't work for you very well?

The Playlists feature should work as expected, very similar to Youtube's, for example. You could also check our live demo: http://demo.phpmelody.com

Out of the package, the Playlists feature is enabled (Admin Area > Settings > User settings tab > 'Allow users to create playlists').
Could you check the `pm_config` table for me? Look for 'allow_playlists' option name and see if it's 0 or 1.
Paul
Developer
Developer

Postby adysnake on Sep 05, 2014 11 am

Hi. nice update, works well up to now. but I have a problem:
In dashboard: Latest Videos, Latest Comments, Newest Users and Latest Articles have the date 14 sept or 14 iul ... etc, that 14 is strange. In Comments page or Video page it's ok, only dashboard is crazy. I check you demo script and it's the same problem.
adysnake
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 20

Postby Andrew on Sep 05, 2014 1 pm

@adysnake - Thanks. The date bug will be sorted in the patch.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby Andrew on Sep 06, 2014 2 pm

Ok, so the patch (v2.2.1) is now available for download.

Here are more details about v2.2.1.

Let's keep the 'fire burning' in that topic.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428