Loading ...

PHP Melody v2.0

Board index / General Chat / Announcements

News and announcements from our team

Postby Trace on Apr 26, 2013 6 pm

grofzr wrote:After few years of being a happy user of PHP Melody,I've finally given up.
Few months back after one server update, PHP melody just stopped working,
I've moved my websites to Wordpress with some commercial Plugins, and now i have AUTO IMPORT, AUTO Social Bookmarking in real time, Auto Sitemap Creation....
Did I mention responsive Theme? :)
And the overall cost on few website if far less than cost of phpmelody.
Check out my website http://videos.linke.rs

PS I still can't access my ultimate regnow admin panel. (It also stopped working with the server update)
Now I'm trying to find some Regnow software plugin, so i can move my Software sites to WP too

Long live PHP Melody,but not on my server....

So what exactly is the point of this post? If you want to use wordpress then by all means use wordpress, whatever makes you happy.
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 1329

Postby grofzr on Apr 26, 2013 7 pm

Point? It's just my rant.
I'm very happy now, because i have my Video websites under WP now.
I have over 100 websites they all work on wordpress.
That Server update and loosing phpMelody was the best thing that happened to me...

And if you really want to know the point, launch 2 new websites, one with PHP Melody, and one Wordpress with my setup, and after just 7 days you tell me the difference.
In just 7 days the WP site will smash PHP melody when it comes to incoming traffic, especially organic traffic from google search.
And my friend, that's the only point that really matters!!!!
Movies Videos http://videos.linke.rs
Wanna Guest Post to High PR5-8 Blogs? http://onwired.biz
grofzr
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby EdBonz on Apr 26, 2013 9 pm

This is by far the best and least troublesome update I have gone through. I put it down to the fact that I had so many issues with other updates and it took time for them to be fixed (cos am dumb). Thanks Andrew and your team for your continued support. I actually managed to work out that updating the 2.0 config.sample.php file was quicker and easier to get the pm mobile site back up and running.
EdBonz
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby ahmity on Apr 27, 2013 1 am

grofzr wrote:Point? It's just my rant.
That Server update and loosing phpMelody was the best thing that happened to me...

And if you really want to know the point, launch 2 new websites, one with PHP Melody, and one Wordpress with my setup, and after just 7 days you tell me the difference.
In just 7 days the WP site will smash PHP melody when it comes to incoming traffic, especially organic traffic from google search.

good for you but we are vary happy with php meloady and i see your site it just look 00000
ahmity
Non-verified
Non-verified

Postby spyvspyaeon on Apr 27, 2013 4 am

hi, my review.

the resize button just made my DAY! awesome, now great! one small question i've added a rigth side top ad banner and when I hit resize video details drops to the bottom example http://yourmachinima.com/watch.php?vid=f3368d2a8 to the ad just a simple admim ad ie. {45}.

* too many updates are causing me a nightmare :)

Overall nice update
spyvspyaeon
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 10

Postby 234Ent on Apr 27, 2013 4 am

spyvspyaeon wrote:hi, my review.

the resize button just made my DAY! awesome, now great! one small question i've added a rigth side top ad banner and when I hit resize video details drops to the bottom example http://yourmachinima.com/watch.php?vid=f3368d2a8 to the ad just a simple admim ad ie. {45}.

* too many updates are causing me a nightmare :)

Overall nice update

Would be nice if when the resize button is clicked, the square banner ad disappears, and is replaced with a horizontal 728x90 leaderboard ad underneath the video player.
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50

Postby 234Ent on Apr 27, 2013 5 am

grofzr wrote:After few years of being a happy user of PHP Melody,I've finally given up.
Few months back after one server update, PHP melody just stopped working,
I've moved my websites to Wordpress with some commercial Plugins, and now i have AUTO IMPORT, AUTO Social Bookmarking in real time, Auto Sitemap Creation....
Did I mention responsive Theme? :)
And the overall cost on few website if far less than cost of phpmelody.
Check out my website http://videos.linke.rs

PS I still can't access my ultimate regnow admin panel. (It also stopped working with the server update)
Now I'm trying to find some Regnow software plugin, so i can move my Software sites to WP too

Long live PHP Melody,but not on my server....

grofzr wrote:Point? It's just my rant.

Looking at the current (low) rank of your website, and after searching on Google for videos displayed on your website with none of them showing up in over 10 pages of search results; there's no way you're currently getting any good or fair incoming organic traffic from Google search or any other search engine. Not to mention that, there are many PHP Melody sites with an estimate of at least over 20% referrals from search engines with little to no backlinks with good ranking (compared to many of your over 2,000 backlinks).

Mind you, we all have our various WP sites so we know how the blogging platform works, including in terms of SEO/plugins. And as a rule of thumb, it's not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. Good luck in your endeavors and nice domain name btw.
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50

Postby Grizzly on Apr 27, 2013 7 am

Everyone has a preference right? :)
But PHP Melody has my vote hands down it is by far the best in my eyes. I bought this wonderful product a month ago installed it and submitted a sitemap to google and bing. And trust me with shock and aww within the month of me doing nothing to the site i have already reached 7,000 visits to my site and have made $45 with ad revenue so it is already paying for itself.

Andrew "HIGH FIVE" you have something wonderful here and this update makes it even better thank you so much for the time it must have taken to create such a wonderful thing
Call of Duty Videos - CODVideoTube.com
Grizzly
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 20

Postby grofzr on Apr 27, 2013 7 am

Looking at the current (low) rank of your website, and after searching on Google for videos displayed on your website with none of them showing up in over 10 pages of search results; there's no way you're currently getting any good or fair incoming organic traffic from Google search or any other search engine. Not to mention that, there are many PHP Melody sites with an estimate of at least over 20% referrals from search engines with little to no backlinks with good ranking (compared to many of your over 2,000 backlinks).

Mind you, we all have our various WP sites so we know how the blogging platform works, including in terms of SEO/plugins. And as a rule of thumb, it's not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. Good luck in your endeavors and nice domain name btw.

I see NO reason why would I have a good rank on randomly checked videos after just 7 days.
Subdomain is 7 days old, and website has been started from scratch.
I guess 15000 indexed pages in just 7 days means something.
And those 2200 something backlinks didn't even Scratch the term "video" or "movies", i just started building backlinks for this subdomain ;)
grofzr
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby grofzr on Apr 27, 2013 8 am

Grizzly wrote:Everyone has a preference right? :)
But PHP Melody has my vote hands down it is by far the best in my eyes. I bought this wonderful product a month ago installed it and submitted a sitemap to google and bing. And trust me with shock and aww within the month of me doing nothing to the site i have already reached 7,000 visits to my site and have made $45 with ad revenue so it is already paying for itself.

Andrew "HIGH FIVE" you have something wonderful here and this update makes it even better thank you so much for the time it must have taken to create such a wonderful thing

1) I own this "wonderful product" since 2008 ;)
2) Didn't even try to submit the sitemap since its been auto generated and search engines are pinged ;)
3) 7,000 visits in a month.... no comment ;)
Last edited by grofzr on Apr 27, 2013 8 am, edited 1 time in total.
grofzr
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby dotch on Apr 27, 2013 8 am

Thanks, update done in minutes without known problems!
dotch
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Grizzly on Apr 27, 2013 8 am

grofzr wrote:
Grizzly wrote:Everyone has a preference right? :)

1) I own this "wonderful product" since 2008 ;)
2) Didn't even try to submit the sitemap since its been auto generated and search engines are pinged ;)
3) 7,000 visits in a month.... no comment ;)

I'm sorry i was off a little on the visits :) but the months not over yet fingers crossed its not much but for me it is
Last edited by Grizzly on Apr 27, 2013 8 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call of Duty Videos - CODVideoTube.com
Grizzly
Non-verified
Non-verified

Reputation points: 20

Postby muzikia on Apr 27, 2013 8 am

Guys, here it isnt the right place.
The discussion is interesting but just open a new thread if you want to.
Thanks.
http://www.ModMyScript.com - PHPMelody plugins and mods since 2008
http://www.HostingWays.com - Shared or VPS Hosting
*** PHP Melody user and plugins maker for 9 years and counting.
muzikia
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 167

Postby Trace on Apr 27, 2013 8 am

Grizzly wrote:I'm sorry i was off a little on the visits :) but the months not over yet

Just let him be Grizzly, he is obviously trying to make fun about it. I think it's quite impressive for the first month. Some people seem to forget we all start small one day.

Edit: I'm with muzikia on this :p
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 1329

Postby toraza on Apr 27, 2013 8 am

WoW Thanks for the update

I am unable to figure out these options in the new update ?

* Built-in floating sharing widget (Facebook, Twitter & Google) for videos, articles and pages (optional).
* RSS links for listing pages in the footer.
* New option to manually approve new user registrations. Allows you to create a closed community.
* 'Custom Fields' which allow you to define meta data for each video and article.

and is this really working in phpmelody ?
* Sharing of videos on Facebook prompted an empty player with the wrong thumbnail.

when I share any video of my website on facebook it shows as a link not a video (such that my videoplayer appears in fb)
My video website videosinn.com
toraza
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 10