Loading ...

PHP Melody v2.0

Board index / General Chat / Announcements

News and announcements from our team

Postby 234Ent on May 08, 2013 6 am

One necessary feature I wish 2.0 had is Threaded Commenting. Anyway, one feature the PHP Sugar team should highly consider in next update is "Threaded Comments". It is a perfect way to engage in and continue discussions. Threaded commenting allows a viewer/reader on our PHP Melody site to reply to other members comments on a video and article page.

My site members/audience often ask questions by posting on a video page or article page and we often answer this questions, but with the current commenting system - it's not neat at all, especially when there is more than one person asking different questions on a given page. You want to be able to respond to each person individually. Every website now have threaded comments and PHP Melody is due for one too. Facebook recently added threaded commenting too.

Also, with the Threaded Commenting, users should be able to subscribe to notifications in a comment/discussion they partake in. Unregistered members commenting should be given the option to enter their email address in order to be notified when their comment receives a (new) reply.

These days, I believe (social) engagement is the key to a successful website. You have to engage your users (Ask them questions, encourage them to comment and even ask questions), etc.
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50

Postby zoneme on May 08, 2013 4 pm

Is there a way to show the "Top Videos" on the main page by views instead of by likes?
zoneme
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 0

Postby Andrew on May 08, 2013 5 pm

Is there a way to show the "Top Videos" on the main page by views instead of by likes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PHP Melody v3.0
New Series Module? Publish series and episodes right from PHP Melody's Dashboard -->
https://demo.phpmelody.com/admin/series.php
Andrew
Founding Developer

Reputation points: 428

Postby zoneme on May 08, 2013 8 pm

Awesome, thank you Andrew :).
zoneme
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby talaconheo on May 10, 2013 5 pm

Thanks for the beautiful updated!
talaconheo
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby grofzr on May 23, 2013 10 am

Andrew wrote:
@grofzr - There may be an error that's getting suppressed. See if you can enable error reporting and get back to me. We don't use any framework, but we do have different functions in the backend.

Since I'm running many other scripts without any problems, and the Linux and its packages are always the newest version on my server, and because only 2 scripts (php melody & ultimate regnow) are non functional, I dare to say that your scripts are not compatible with latest vestion of Apache, PHP....
Movies Videos http://videos.linke.rs
Wanna Guest Post to High PR5-8 Blogs? http://onwired.biz
grofzr
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Barrin on May 23, 2013 7 pm

Any news on patch for 2.0?
Barrin
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby videosack on May 26, 2013 8 pm

Hello Mr. Andrew
Thank you for developing such an incredible video sharing platform. one small thing that i would like to suggest is integrate longtail ad solution into the jwplayer and provide interface to enable or disable ads on the player with members their own ad codes. such as i seen in a plugin in wordpress named wordtube. it has option to tick mark the enable or disable option with ad code or publisher id to insert so ads will work while videos are playing in the jwplayer.
its my only suggestion, i have no idea how hard and easy to adapt this option.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Gunanidhi
Clonevideos.com
Clonevideos.com is an Asian Video collection website that interests to me and may be fun watching for the people who like Cloned videos online. visit http://www.clonevideos.com now.
videosack
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby roberthanks77 on May 30, 2013 5 pm

how to disable the editor's right to delete articles?
it would be nightmare if some of editors delete our posts!!!
roberthanks77
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby roberthanks77 on May 30, 2013 5 pm

Is there any way to disable the editors' right to delete articles?

I have more than 30 editors right now posting on my website, if any one of them did bad thing, it will turns out to be a nightmare!!!

please give instructions how to disable the editors' right to delete articles!!
Thank you very much
roberthanks77
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Trace on May 30, 2013 6 pm

You should open a separate topic for this :) it isn't hard to fix
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 1329

Postby metalvideo on May 31, 2013 10 pm

Sorry to keep on this . . .

Any update on the Artist Field update from 1.67 to 2.0?

Thanks
metalvideo
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 20

Postby Hary on Jun 10, 2013 9 am

nice, but i think the theme need more work, is to simple now, i dont know, give me the feeling that is not finished

one question, i can install older versions if i bough the new version?
Hary
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby 234Ent on Jun 10, 2013 12 pm

Hary wrote:nice, but i think the theme need more work, is to simple now, i dont know, give me the feeling that is not finished

Hi, PHP Melody is a script not a theme. I don't think the default template has to be designed for us, otherwise it would be for sale. If you are good with customization/ web design; you can freely convert the default theme to sport a nice or flashy design.
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50

Postby Hary on Jun 11, 2013 2 am

234Ent wrote:
Hary wrote:nice, but i think the theme need more work, is to simple now, i dont know, give me the feeling that is not finished

Hi, PHP Melody is a script not a theme. I don't think the default template has to be designed for us, otherwise it would be for sale. If you are good with customization/ web design; you can freely convert the default theme to sport a nice or flashy design.

the older versions look more profesional, original
Hary
Verified Customer
Verified Customer