Loading ...

[solved] What forum software does PHPSugar use?

Board index / General Chat / General Product Chat

Our humble work and the community behind it.

Postby 234Ent on Nov 27, 2011 11 am

All this info on how captcha works and spam is quite interesting, will be installing a forum soon so will need you guys help in setting this captcha thing right.

Also, has anyone being successful with integrating their forum into PHP Melody template? So that the forum have the same header and footer like your main site.
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 50

Postby Trace on Nov 27, 2011 7 pm

I've done it for somebody but its a pain :P
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 1329

Postby 234Ent on Nov 28, 2011 9 am

I read somewhere I think mybb community that replacing the forums header/footer with your site's template header/footer will do the trick, but don't know what the outcome will be with PHP Melody since no one has tried this yet after searching this forum.

Am yet to purchase or install forum bridge yet, so am still contemplating on what to do. Trace, if you've done this before for a PHP Melody site, did you also create a mod for the forum bridge that imports both old/new Melody users and such ? If so, let me know so I can PM for the job.
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Trace on Nov 28, 2011 9 am

Since that was a new website a bridge which registers users on both worked out.
It should be possible however to do. This was a phpBB forum tho, not MyBB.

For normal sites replacing the header might work, but since PHP Melody uses Smarty templates, and the header gets dynamically filled in with stylesheets which might conflict with your forum, it is a lot more work.
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby 234Ent on Nov 28, 2011 9 am

I hear/see more people installing phpbb, is it better than mybb in your opinion? Cos' I've been trying to decide on which one to go for, depending on which of the forums have more security vulnerabilities.

So since I have well over 700 users and about 300 active out of those, could you make a bridge that will add all this users to the forum or its not possible? And if you have time to deal with the header /footer forum thing integration, then lets work something out.
234Ent
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby Trace on Nov 28, 2011 10 am

I don't really know MyBB but at their homepage is already a link to a pretty serious security issue.
Would be enough reason for me not to use it.

As for the bridge/style, I could give it a try but lets discuss that in PM instead of derailing this topic.
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Postby muzikia on Nov 28, 2011 10 am

@Trace: this link (http://blog.mybb.com/2011/10/06/1-6-4-s ... nerabilit/) means also that the devel. team is active. It seems that is a bad thing even to be sincere and announce vulnerabilities patches....:)
http://www.ModMyScript.com - PHPMelody plugins and mods since 2008
http://www.HostingWays.com - Shared or VPS Hosting
*** PHP Melody user and plugins maker for 9 years and counting.
muzikia
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 167

Postby Trace on Nov 28, 2011 10 am

To me that link just means that somebody had access to their release files and added a backdoor to it :P
Of course you shouldn't judge an entire script on one mistake and I'm not saying that MyBB is a bad script or that phpBB is better, but I'm just pointing out my first impressions.
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer