Loading ...

Youtube and Google

Board index / General Chat / General Product Chat

Our humble work and the community behind it.

Postby dhunt on Jul 03, 2011 10 am

I have come to the conclusion that Youtube is using Google to stay on top.

With Google being the big bad wolf and controlling it's adsense where if you have even a small amount of the content that Youtube has on it, they rule that you are not complying with the Copyright Laws. Meanwhile, Youtube is stopping all over it. I think Youtube may be the reason why the newly changed Digital laws were passed.

There is one little part of the new law about Impact. All of put together cannot even hope to have the impact on harming Copyrights that Youtube has. It's called Market Impact. You must have a market impact before the Feds come after you.

Google cannot be using the DCMA laws to prevent you from operating since you have little impact as an individual site to the Copyright Market Impact as long as you keep it to a dull roar. The Feds are after the high rollers.

Now for the good stuff. I am trying to smooge the next largest one into a deal where we can get the advertising we need without the Google double standard. Not everyone on the Internet likes Google these days. If this works then we all benefit greatly.

The help I need is numbers and percentages.

What is your hits per day
What is your page hits per day

If I have something other than my own site to show them then there is a good chance we can break into the #2 advertising on the Internet.

And we can still operate our sites for free and afford the really good advertising like the big boys.

Give it some thought. You can PM me here with the stats but please voice your opinions here.

In otherwords, Google really P$$$$ed me off on this one. There are other ways to break a monopoly than a law suit.
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -85

Postby Trace on Jul 03, 2011 10 am

You know that YouTube is owned by Google right?
Trace
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: 1329

Postby dhunt on Jul 04, 2011 1 am

Yes i do. And I find it's not a good way to go.

BTW, I took off the other ads from the index page and re applied under the same account. And Lo and Behold, the account is once again active and all of a sudden, I don't have a copyright problem with the materiel. Imagine that.

Hate to break it to them but my "Other" account is paying while they are not. Next step is to get the pre ads incorporated by a third company that is much more professional than all the rest.
dhunt
Verified Customer
Verified Customer

Reputation points: -85