Even though we’ve been quiet for a while, we hope you will enjoy this latest iteration and its improvements. 2014 is not over yet and we hope to surprise you with a new collection of themes and other PHP Melody improvements.
So, without any further chit-chat, here’s what version 2.2 has to offer.
- RTL support for the ‘Default’ theme.
- reCAPTCHA support for the contact page.
- Privacy option to make the website non-indexable by search engines.
- Video playlists:
- Users can create, manage and share their own playlists.
- ‘Watch later’ playlist for all users.
- ‘Liked videos’ playlist for all users.
- Completely re-designed dashboard page with quick access to the latest items: videos, users, comments, etc.
- Completely revamped the regular & video sitemaps system.
- Improved YouTube video importing. Includes options for filtering the results and more.
- YouTube keyword & user subscriptions. Makes it easy to track new YouTube content (watch demo).
- Drag and drop category sorting and re-arranging (watch demo).
- Multiple color schemes.
- Easy to change the ‘admin’ location (i.e. renaming the /admin folder).
- Various layout changes and improvements.
- Fixed incorrect view count in articles.
- Fixed duplicate articles in the ‘Related Articles’ widget.
- Fixed scrolling issue in Chrome.
- Fixed Arabic URLs look in the address bar.
- Fixed layout issues affecting some screen resolutions.
- Fixed user search/filter list (i.e. when Searching by IP)
- Fixed ‘System Log’ count bubble issue.
- Video Checking Bot: Increased the allowed numbers of video checks to 100.
Customers, you can now download the 2.2 update from your ‘Customer Area‘ account, under “Download Updates“. For a fresh install, you’ll find the required package under the “Download Products” page.
We welcome discussions about this release in the following forum thread.
Thank you and enjoy!
P.S. The premium themes have all be updated to work with this latest version; be sure to download the corresponding theme when updating your website.